5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing, energising, soothing, healing
This is less of a meditation and more of a self hypnosis healing CD. Glenn does have a strange voice (South London accent?) for a hypnotist, but that is soon forgotton because this really works.
Published on 20 Oct 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really the best voice in the whole to meditate to
I was disappointed to read on the CD that it was a more hynotherapy CD than purely guided meditation. Glenn Harrold has not got a very relaxing voice. But I am sure that this CD would be great for some. It is just my opinion.
Published 13 months ago by J. Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing, energising, soothing, healing, 20 Oct 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: A Guided Meditation (Divinity) (Audio CD)
I bought it a few months ago and tossed it in a drawer. I fished it out again after my husband left me for another, and I was having trouble sleeping and keeping my mind from agonising over what was going on in my life. It worked amazingly well.
If I listened at night, it had me asleep within 10 mins no matter how awful I was feeling, or how far away sleep seemed. If I listened in the morning, it filled me with good and constructive thoughts determined to make the best of the day.
This is a lovely CD, I would recommend it to anyone. Is he single I wonder....... :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Guided Meditation, 20 May 2004
Y. MCSHERRY "vonniemcs" (Chester) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: A Guided Meditation (Divinity) (Audio CD)
I am a Reiki Master and Teacher. I use this tape just before attunements.I prefare the timing of these meditations, as some others can go on too long. I do use others,but prefare the pleasant voice and suggestions that Glen combines. I have played this tape now to lots of my students.
We all love it. Some students find it hard to meditate, but have said that it is one of the best they have heard.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great cure for insomnia, 25 Feb 2001
By A Customer
I actually bought this tape in the hope that it might help me to sleep and it HAS been a very effective cure for insomnia. There are two guided meditations on this tape which is great if you have never meditated before. The guy on the tape does have a soothing voice, although his accent does take a bit of getting used to (he sounds like he should be on a building site!). I did feel wonderfully peaceful and 'floppy' after listening to the tape and I slept like a log. If you are someone who is quite tense and anxious I would certainly recommended this tape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Usual excellence from Glenn Harrold, 7 Dec 2009
A. Arnott (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Guided Meditation (Divinity) (Audio CD)
Unlike some critics I find Glenn Harrold's voice very soothing and own several of his CD's. I would recommend this to anyone seeking a really relaxing experience. He takes you into a garden landscape in this meditation and I have to say it is so effective in helping me relax I've rarely stayed awake the whole way through! The suggestions help you focus on what you need to whether it is healing or making other changes. Great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meditation CD, 22 Aug 2009
This review is from: A Guided Meditation (Divinity) (Audio CD)
Recommended to me and seems very good to reduce stress, although I have yet to hear it all as I tend to fall asleep. Teenage son now uses it to help him get to sleep at night and I have used it to help me sleep when I have too much on my mind. I'm sure it does have a good ending :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Guided Meditation By Glenn Harrold, 3 Dec 2010
This review is from: A Guided Meditation (Divinity) (Audio CD)
A wonderful Guided Meditation as I work in the holistic field and would have meditation evenings through my work My clients really enjoyed this meditation as I did myself

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic start to meditation/self hypnosis, 18 Sep 2007
This review is from: A Guided Meditation (Divinity) (Audio CD)
I had this CD suggested to me around 4 years ago at a point of my life where I was majorly unable to face general events of every day life. The prospect of 'self hynosis' seemed quite scary to me, because it was so different than anything I'd done before, but I gave it a shot with an open mind.

As it began, I couldn't help the increasing smerk across my face, the music, the voice, it all seemed very cleche. I pictured myself on some American drama as the "off-the-rails-drug-adict-in-rehab", but after a couple of minutes, I was able to take it more seriously, and begin to use it to its full potential.

I was able to get "into" it very quickly after that, and I gave me a wonderful escape from the stresses of life. It wasn't too intense, and I liked the fact that he had a 'normal' voice, it gave a more relaxed feel and seemed very un-pressurized.

It was a fantastic intoduction to meditation and self hynosis for me, and would reccomend it to anyone who is unfamiler with the prospect. From this I dabbled a couple of other meditations by Glenn Harrold (and various other meditation CDs which I cannot compare this, and other Harrold works to) and now mainly listen to music and guide myself through the meditation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!, 15 Mar 2002
I've had this tape for quite some time now. To be honest, I didn't rate it much at first but there is something about this guy's voice which just grew on me.
You can literally feel the tension easing as you listen to the tape. Self hypnosis is a pretty trippy feeling.!
If you're thinking about buying this tape..don't just sit there thinking about it..do it!! I promise that it isn't something you will regret doing...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for your physical health too, 23 Mar 2012
Minnie Mouse (Wexford, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Guided Meditation (Divinity) (Audio CD)
I bought this ages ago (7years ago I think) and the first time I played it, I will admit, I didn't like his voice. A bit too Del Boy to take really seriously. Anyway I used it a few times and it was OK - I wouldn't call it a meditation by my understanding but it is a good relaxation CD. Also it uses a lot of visualization and I'm really rubbish at that sort of thing.
Lately I've been under quite a bit of work related stress with various stress related symptoms - in particular raised blood pressure. So, I was looking on different websites for ways to deal with work related stress and on one site I saw Glenn Harrold's name mentioned and thought "I'm sure I have one of his CDs", and after a lot of rummaging I found it.
I've been listening to it for a few days now and on one of the days I was also wearing a 24hour BP monitor. I did two of the 1/2 hour meditations (one in my lunch break and one in the evening) and I am amazed at the effect it had on my blood pressure. From typical readings of 140/95 (while I was working) my BP when I meditated was on average 105/70. Maybe all meditation will do this - it just happened that it was this particular CD I was using on that particular day when I had the monitor on. On this basis I give it 5 stars and hope that if I keep using it will improve my BP the whole time and not just when I meditate.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really the best voice in the whole to meditate to, 26 July 2013
J. Wilson "Josie" (Sheffield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Guided Meditation (Divinity) (Audio CD)

A Guided Meditation (Divinity)
A Guided Meditation (Divinity) by Glenn Harrold (Audio CD - Jan 2000)
11.95