Format: Audio CDChange

VINE VOICEon 5 August 2009
I bought this because I had health worries and couldn't seem to relax or sleep. I needed strategies and help, and didn't want to have to rely on medication or other people to get the help I felt was necessary.

I'd read other reviews, and decided to take a chance on this. It was a wise move.

Whether you feel you're being hypnotised or not, this will relax you, soothe you, and make you ready to drift off into a rewarding sleep during which you will absorb the visualisations of healing.

I have managed to listen to both tracks all the way through, and can definitely say that Glenn Harrold, while he has quite a strong London accent which might not be to everyone's tastes, has a lovely relaxing voice. He speaks simply and draws an effective picture to help you with the visualisation. It's all supported by unobtrusive music, which is not a constant presence, but fades in and out. Given that with this kind of CD it's often the music which is the killer and snaps you out of any sense of relaxation, this is an excellent consideration.
0Comment30 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 October 2010
Although it took a while to get used to this chap's voice, I find that I fall asleep each and ever time when I listen to this. It has not healed me of my pain, but I would not expect it to. It does, however, help me get to sleep, which is often difficult. I did try going to a hypnotherapist too, which I found helpful, but I find this CD just as good for a fraction of the price. Would definitely recommend.
on 3 November 2001
I have been a regular purchaser of Glenn's tapes for several months now and have done my fair share of recommeding them to people. But this one is my favourite. Confidence building and getting to sleep better and quicker are well trod ground for these sorts of tapes. It is in the more ambigious tapes like this and the Inner Peace one where Glenn comes into his own. Some of the sound effects on this tape calm me down even after the most hectic of days and it is an incredible boost to oneself when one is encouraged to target their mental and physical problems (whatever they may be) with the power of their mind. As with all the tapes, Glenn opens doors. The tapes don't control or take the lead. You do. And in the end, you help yourself realise the postive truths in life. If you buy this, buy the Positive Thinking one with it. That way you can go to the funfair afterwards.
0Comment76 of 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 October 2010
i really enjoyed this CD, very peacefull,and most important, it works, Mr Glenn Harrold's voice is very easy to listen to, i have all his CDs and every time i play them i am never disappointed
on 30 August 2013
I have used Glenn's CD's before, but I was very impressed with this one. I did send me to sleep a few times, but once I could keep awake I benefitted a great deal being able to relax. The music is sometimes off putting, but if you can get past that and focus on his voice, then you absorb what he is saying. I did find the woman singing on the chakra CD very irritating. If she was'nt there, the CD would be great. Despite these few gripes, I would recommend this CD double for people to try. There is just something about it that works. The first time I listened, it actually made me cry, which felt like a healing session where you can release emotion. One of the best CD's Ive tried for a while.
on 6 May 2010
OK - I love Glenn Harrold's work, but this is my favourite by a mile! It's super relaxing, super positive, really follows you through the day. The suggestions are great and it's long-lasting work.

If you're hesitating with another CD - get this one! You won't regret it!
on 2 March 2006
I don't know what he says on this CD, because I am out like a light and sleep like a baby when I use it. I wake up totally refreshed.
Whatever is said on it, it obviously does work when you are asleep!
0Comment28 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 October 2011
I have used various hypnotic CD's in the past, including ones by Richard Bandler and Paul McKenna. I usually fall asleep during hypnotic CD's, even a Faithless CD can get me under - yet this CD didn't 'put me to sleep' at all - which isn't in itself a bad thing... but interesting none the less as I for the first time I stayed 100% alert, awake and essentially disagreeing with quite a few things which were said. (why is it that there's always something about a hypnotist's voice which grates with me ? They either have an overly American tone (Richard Bandler) or a voice style that reeks of their own smugness and self importance (Paul McKenna) or, bless, like Glenn Harrold remind me of Essexman so I find it difficult to take seriously.....)

eg 1. There's a part of the first track which talks about finding the part of you that needs healing and making it smaller and smaller and smaller.... Now, I think that it is "appropriate" for some illnesses - like cancer perhaps . But would this be appropriate for someone with a muscle wasting disease? Or an underactive thyroid? Or even a weak heart? I think not.

eg on the second track (re the chakras) again I don't think the suggestions reflect the usual cleansing and rejuvenating practises. For example, it would have been so easy to encourage the chakra's to spiral in one direction to cleanse them and take out 'sludge' and then in the other direction to energise them.

I also believe each track on the CD should start and end with a "take only from this that which will help you" style affirmation, which to me is just good clinical practise for any energy / NLP / Hypnotic work - Glenn's "And Best Wishes to you" at the end of each track isn't really the same

I have no doubt at all that Glenn Harrold means 100% well and I bought another of his CD's (weight loss!) at the same time as this so will see what happens with that. But in terms of healing of an illness, I simply can not see this one working for all conditions - it isn't powerful enough and I suggest anyone really interested explore the work of Alberto Villodo and especially Healing of the Luminous Body
77 comments11 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 February 2013
I feel these CDs help. I have bought them for friends too because I believe in the help they give and the positive attitude they foster towards health and relaxation.
on 18 May 2008
Glenn Harrold does a good job. You get influenced by his voice in a very positive way. I do not agree with his concept of the seven chakras, but that is up to you.