5.0 out of 5 stars glenn harrold- lose weight cd
Excellent CD. Never done hypnotherapy before but have not touched chocolate in the week I have been using it. Also, have self esteem and self confidence CDs. Found myself acting different at work. Much more confident.
Must say, everytime I think about something fattening to eat I have little voice in my head telling me to go for the health option. Also, fall asleep...
Published on 6 Sep 2005 by S. burrell

3.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good
Like most people, I had a lot of reservations regarding the ability of an individual to be hypnotised. But after years of wasting my life constantly thinking about food and binge eating, I became desperate and decided to give it ago.
Dieting for me doesn't work. It is a system which really means that you are depriving yourself of certain food and taking away the...
Published on 5 Nov 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!, 29 April 2009
This review is from: Lose Weight Now (Audio CD)
I bought this CD a couple of months ago in the hope that it would stop me from "grazing on food" from dusk till dawn. It is INCREDIBLE. From the first time of listening I could actually say No to food if I wasn't feeling hungry (I never turned down food before!) and now nearly always choose the healthy option rather than the pastries and only eat when I'm truly hungry. I listen to this CD every night at bedtime and sleep like a baby! I find Glenn Harrold's voice deeply relaxing and am absolutely amazed at the results I've achieved. I've managed to shed a few excess pounds which I'm obviously happy about but I'm so much happier with the way my attitude to food has changed for the better. Glenn Harrold - you are truly wonderful!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleeping better than I have for years, 6 Oct 2005
This review is from: Lose Weight Now (Audio CD)
I bought this CD as a sort of last resort, after not seeming to have the self-discipline to keep off weight I had worked hard to lose. I very quickly became used to Glenn Harrold's accent. He begins by explaining what is going to happen and then leads you into a simple relaxation exercise. For some reason I am always out like a light by this point, and have not yet managed to stay awake! We are told this doesn't matter, however.
I have used the CD regularly for 3 weeks or so and cannot report an enormous change yet in the willpower side of things, but I have definitely lost certain unhealthy food cravings I had. While the effects are very subtle and not really enough in themselves to cause weight loss, it is early days. I certainly sleep better 9 times out of 10, and this has been an unexpected bonus! I did not have this with another weight loss CD by a more well-known hypnotist. Indeed, I have now bought other CDs of Glenn Harrold's to try. I look forward now going to sleep at night, instead of lying awake worrying about the next day. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, really helps you achieve your weight loss goal, 1 Aug 2001
By A Customer
I bought this tape knowing that diets don't work and that real progress comes through changing your mental state into one of believing you can lose weight and reach your goals. I use this tape most nights when I go to bed and listen to it for probably only the first ten minutes, after which I sleep like a log. The great thing is though that your subconscious still has the information it has heard, even though you were asleep. I honestly do find myself eating smaller portions of food and eating slower, both things mentioned in the tape. If you really need or want to lose some weight - get this tape. I love it so much I bought all the other ones that I feel can be of use to me. Glenn Harrold has a very easy-to-listen-to voice and I really can't recommend his tapes enough. I would imagine that if anyone wants to stop smoking his Stop Smoking Forever tape would be a real winner too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A cassette that puts you back in control., 6 Mar 2001
By A Customer
Glenn Harrold uses soothing music and positave suggestions to fill the unconscious mind with subliminal messages. Convinced I would not be moved by such suggestions I went about my usual day, only to find new thoughts and feelings over healthy eating and exercise taking root in my mind. Take control of your eating habits. A fantastic listen for any would be dieter.

4.0 out of 5 stars No fuss, no frillls easy approach to losing weight, 1 Sep 2010
As a practicing Hypnotherapist, I think this book provides a very frank, easy to follow and workable programme for losing weight. I've looked at a few similar books that therapists have written, and i have to say that in comparison, Glenn's book is written in easy to understand language and its well structured.

As i said, i'm a hypnotherapist, and i would follow and use a simliar approach AND more importantly, use similar techniques to Glenn.

Well worth a read....

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - finally started losing weight, 2 May 2010
Lisianthus "Liz" (Not far enough from London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lose Weight Now (Audio CD)
I've been listening to this CD every day for the last ten days and have finally started to shift some weight. The sweet treats I was hooked on no longer seem so interesting and I'm finding myself automatically choosing smaller, healthier meals. I found a similar CD by Glenn Harrold very helpful last summer (Look Young Live Longer) but it was a library copy and I had to return it - after a while I did find the effect wore off so I bought my own copy. I'm listening to Lose Weight Now every day and will keep on listening regularly until I reach my target weight.

4.0 out of 5 stars Focus, 3 Jun 2009
This review is from: Lose Weight Now (Audio CD)
I have found this cd very helpful to focus my mind and let go of the constant chatter that reviews my body shape and size constantly. His voice is quite easy to listen to and allow to momentarily take over one's senses. His visualization exercises have greatly assisted in relaxing my entire body, allowing my mind to focus on the positive message.
So far, I have been quite pleased.

1.0 out of 5 stars not working for me; but not necessarily fault of product!, 6 Jan 2009
love reading "marsy" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lose Weight Now (Audio CD)
I have been listening to this every night for some time. I have not lost any weight and have, in fact, put it on. I keep falling asleep coupled with the fact that I would probably need a lobotomy as opposed to hypnosis to lose weight! I really am not blaming the tape though; other people find it excellent so it's worth a try.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, 22 Jan 2009
This review is from: Lose Weight Now (Audio CD)
I bought this and Glenn's 'combating addiction' CD. After 2 listens I went shopping and came back with a big pile of salad and healthy things without even thinking about it. I then proceeded to eat the healthy ham and sunblush tomato salad with NO DRESSING. This for me is unheard of as I couldn't get salad down me without a huge amount of full fat mayonnaise. (I can't and never will be able to eat the low fat stuff which is full of disgusting starches and stabilisers and tastes evil). So these CDs count as one of the best purchases I ever made. I'd recommend listening to them every day for at least 2 weeks and then every other day for probably another 4 to get it all firmly embedded. But eating healthily has been so much easier since.

The CDs lose a star because I do find his voice a little grating at times. But for all that, this has really helped me. I was going to have one to one hypnotherapy for my food demons. Thanks to this, I'm getting them under control for only about 25.

Cracking!

5.0 out of 5 stars unbelievable, 30 Jun 2012
This review is from: Lose Weight Now (Audio CD)
After almost 4 weeks of listening to this cd, I have lost just over half a stone. I haven't eaten crisps, biscuits or chocolate in all this time, which is a miracle in itself. My water intake has increased, even the way I shop has changed. After day one on trying this I noticed subtle changes, its unbelievable, thank you Glenn Harrold, I now know I can. Get to my target weight and not feel like I'm torturing myself doing it.

Lose Weight Now
Lose Weight Now by Glenn Harrold (Audio CD - 1 Sep 2004)
11.95