5.0 out of 5 stars A must for anyone suffering from anxiety and stress
Published on 14 Aug 2003 by 2ld

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't really work for me
I haven't used a relaxation CD before, so I can't really put this particular one in context. However, what I can say is that it had a very limited effect with me. While it was generally soothing, I found the relaxation I do without a CD or tape to be more effective. I also thought that it should be made clearer that the CD induces a semi-hypnotic state (especially in...
Published on 28 Jan 2003 by E O'Mahoney

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for anyone suffering from anxiety and stress, 14 Aug 2003
This wonderful CD has helped me no end. When I first began using the CD I was suffering from stress and anxiety, not sleeping well and generally finding life a chore. After just a few sessions together with the other CD "build your self esteem" I have become much more relaxed, able to deal with stressful situations, sleeping like a log and my general outlook on life is very positive. The CD is easy to use Glenn Harrold has a lovely voice, the music is very relaxing and the whole experience is very rewarding. I can not recommend this highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete relaxation is exactly what it is., 8 Aug 2003
This wonderful CD by Glenn Harrold has calmed me down no end. I have gone from not sleeping, palpitations, anxiety and not able to cope with stressful situations to being so laid back I could be horizontal. I no longer have the palpitations, sleeping is bliss, anxiety a thing of the past and stressful situations are not a problem. I purchased this CD together with build your self esteem - I use them both regularly and felt the benefits almost straight away. Other people have noticed the change in me which is wonderful but it's how I feel myself that is so great. I would recommend this for anyone who is feeling stressed or anxious - lovely music, lovely calm reassuring voice and one of the very best thing I have been fortunate enough to try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well indeed (if you give it a chance), 19 Jun 2005
Chris (sw england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Complete Relaxation (Divinity) (Audio CD)
If you have bought any of Glenn Harrold's other cds you will know what to expect: (ie a strong London accent). Once you get used to this, and make a point of suspending any cynicism, so that you give the whole process a chance - his recordings are very effective. I have treated myself to half a dozen in the last year, and I can vouch for their ability to work on habitual thinking and behaviour at deep levels. Out of all of them, I rate this as probably his best, because it really does do exactly what it suggests - Relaxes you Deeply.
I am very glad to say that I do not suffer greatly from stress and anxiety, but even so, I do (as so many of us do) live with constant demands and high workload. And so I have come to appreciate the value of being able to take time out and relax. It is amazing how effective the combined script and music can be, and I can honestly say that I always become VERY RELAXED. Using this cd is a hell of a lot more healthy than turning to alchohol or recreational substances, and has the added benefit of increasing your ability to handle stress during your day to day life. I have recently used it to cope with some high pressure exams, and found myself particularly drawing on being able to remain calm and composed.
I have been studying self hypnosis for the last year, and have explored many "hypnosis CDs" as well as recording my own projects. Consequently I have been finding out what works, and what doesn't, and how difficult it can be to produce a good quality script. I wholeheartedly recommend this particular cd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually works, 14 Dec 2006
This review is from: Complete Relaxation (Divinity) (Audio CD)
I'm a clinical psychologist and professionally dubious about a lot of self help cds out there - especially ones with gimmicks like subliminal messages. I have to say though that I've always been impressed with this one. I find Glenn's chirpy cockney accent pretty irritating personally, but it still seems to work. I've had this CD a long time and I think I bought it when I was particularly stressed about a health issue. Despite my overwhelming levels of worry, this CD still relaxed me, which I felt was quite impressive at the time. I've been recommending it to clients since. Ultimately, different things suit different people, but if you're looking for a general relaxation CD, this is certainly worth a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for the first track, alone., 8 Sep 2006
J. D. Garten "Jim Garten" (Stevenage, Hertfordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Relaxation (Divinity) (Audio CD)
I have to admit to being sceptical on reading the reviews, never having been one for 'self-help' CDs; however, during my recurring battle with depression, I saw no harm in trying.

I can, without reservation, recommend this CD.

To review the two tracks in reverse order... Track two is a guided tour of an imaginary garden/beach, which for me, did not work too well (this is just me, you understand, other listeners may prefer this approach); however, track one is the puppy's pockets (to coin a phrase). Beginning with breathing exercises, which take some getting used to at first, Glenn Harrold then guides you into total body relaxation... and then you wake up.

It is difficult to describe exactly, but friends to whom I've lent this CD have said the same - you conciously hear the first 10 or so minutes of the (29 minute) track and you then lose 20 minutes completely.

I try to listen to this CD each evening & since I've been doing so, my levels of relaxation & calm have increased exponentially (despite stresses at work & personally) - psychosomatic? Maybe - but it works, so I don't question it.

Wholeheartedly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars When you think youve tried everything..., 30 Mar 2007
A. Lewis "Frankie" (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Relaxation (Divinity) (Audio CD)
I was having a real hard time, tried all the usual channels, talking, doctors etc and I decided there had to be another way to feel like I had some control. I found Glen's cd was a little sceptical but thought 'what the heck, no harm in trying'. I sat down in a quiet room, comfortable and listened to the cd that afternoon. I heard the first few minutes then woke up! I found his voice fine, the music was in keeping nothing weird. When I woke up, I felt refreshed and lighter. For the first time in months I had a full nights sleep. The next day I felt happier but couldnt say why. Ive been listening for the past few weeks each evening and I can only say its done far more for me that just help my sleep. Im calmer and find things are not getting on top of me. I feel in control again.

Cant reccommend it enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Listen twice or more for full relaxation, 15 Jan 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Complete Relaxation (Divinity) (Audio CD)
This CD takes more than one listening to before you feel the affect. Once you get used to the music and voice you begin to allow yourself to relax completely. The recordings seem to past in an instant even though they last for 25 mins or so. I found this a great tool for teaching myself to cope with stress, and it used similar techniques to ones I experienced with my hypnotherepist, but much cheaper!

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete Relaxation, 10 July 2004
This review is from: Complete Relaxation (Divinity) (Audio CD)
After a stressful day at the office there is nothing more rewarding that lying down and listening to the soothing tones of Glenn Harrold gently talking to you and bringing you to complete relaxation and with this disk this is what you get! Its absolutely marvellous - I feel completely rejuvenated, I sleep better, I'm able to control my stress levels and I can deal with people and situations better ... need I say more? Try it and see ... To Glenn Harrold a massive THANK YOU!

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped alot, 21 Nov 2007
Ms. Jean Preece "Tilly" (England :)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Relaxation (Divinity) (Audio CD)
After passing this audio cd in the shops many times i decided this time to buy it as i suffer from very bad anxiety and i have to say out of everything that i have tried for anxiety this has helped me the most.
You are guided by a pleasant voice in to deep relaxation and by the time the cd has ended your whole body feels deeply relaxed you feel more positive and anxiety is alot better. I felt so much relief from my anxiety because of this cd.

I hope to listen to other audio cds by Glenn Harrold

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my life !, 28 Jan 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Complete Relaxation (Divinity) (Audio CD)
After suffering from stress to the extent I could hardly leave the house without anxiety attacks my GP recommended relaxation, after listening to the cd over a period of a couple of weeks,and learning the simple breathing exercises I feel that i'm back in control of my life ! haven't had and anxiety attack since

ARRAY(0x11699fcc)

Complete Relaxation (Divinity)
Complete Relaxation (Divinity) by Glenn Harrold (Audio CD - 24 Aug 2009)
8.36