5.0 out of 5 stars how i learned to stop being scared and love exams, 1 July 2004
This review is from: Overcome Exam Nerves (Hypnosis Series) (Audio Cassette)
i hadn't much practise at exams and was very worried, so i listened to this tape almost every night in the run-up to my exams.
on exam day, people around me were very nervous, whereas i was looking forward to the intellectual challenge and the chance to prove myself!
this amazing occurrence must be due to a combination of the tape and my well-planned revision. but it was listening to the tape that gave me the courage to tackle the revision in the first place :-)
i got my best exam mark ever, which i was able to achieve due to not being stressed on the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars For Testing Times, 29 Sept. 2002
This review is from: Overcome Exam Nerves (Hypnosis Series) (Audio Cassette)
Life tests us all at one stage or another and so do a whole lot of other people too from school to University and on from there. But what if one gets nervous before tests, what if one's ability is overshadowed because our mind is blocked by thoughts of failure and loss? In that situation, one must reach for this title by the ever brilliant Glenn Harrold.
Upon listening to the CD, I felt deeply relaxed, calm and with a sort of sense of being which was common in certain types of meditation. Glenn's voice guided me into a place where I was able to see myself being prepared for exams. But it's appeal is, I discovered, not limited to the school or university pupil. This recording helped awaken within me a kind of secure notion that I was strong enough to take on any test that life threw at me. That there was no need to be worried or to worry about the kind of success other people wanted of me. Afterwards, I remembered very little which is not usually what happens when I listen to other Cds of the same genre. Just an overiding sense in my mind that I would be succesful if I were taking an exam and pass life's tests. IF you have a portable CD player then get the CD version of this title. If not the tape will suffice. Hey, why not get both? Not much of a cost considering the benefits. If you do purchase the title, keep an open mind and try out some of the other titles in the range as I have done. There's no rule which says you can't build on success.

5.0 out of 5 stars If I can do it anyone can, 10 Jun. 2008
I bought this CD to help me focus for my motorbike test - I listened to it every night for a whole month and I swear it got me through my test. I could not have had worse weather, it was blowing a gale and lashing it down with rain both during my test and for three and a half hours whilst out with my instructor preparing for my test. I was cold, there was an inch of water in my boots and my gloves were having to be continually rung out. Fortunately my wet weather gear held. My biggest fear was failing on my U turn but this CD allows you to picture yourself actually carrying out your test and passing it. I felt a bit jittery before but with the pinching of the back of the hand exercise I was able to get myself under control and ended up passing with one minor! ! ! (you are allowed up to 15).

I am sure my success was down not only to my hard work but my mental state as well - I use a lot of Glenn's CD's and would highly recommend them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic results used by a 15 and 10 year old., 9 Jan. 2015
Purchased this CD that arrived yesterday. My son had gcse mock maths exam today and wasn't nervous at all which he usually is. Also my daughter who is only 10 got all of her spellings correct and also came top in a rowing competition.
They both listen to hypnotherapy cds regularly but Glenn's are definitely the best and they like listening to his voice.
One more week of mock exams so my son will be listening to the CD every night.
I love hypnotherapy....especially Glenn Harrold cds and books.
Thank you Glenn.
Oh another fantastic CD is Confidence for kids. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Lifesaver!, 14 Jun. 2015
This CD has been absolutely fantastic! I am the mum of a 15 year old girl who has got only 2 exams left and it has been a doddle!!!!!!! previous to this Cd when my daughter was studying for her mocks, we experienced cram studying, she couldn't leave her books alone (by her methods) not ours and then the information did not seem to sink in. We had episodes of extreme meltdowns, sometimes for three hours at a time the night before the mock exam, on the day of the mock exam there would be nerves feeling sick and a panic stricken daughter who's personality would completely change to a quivering wreck. (All of this I might add is the pressure that she has imposed on herself, never once have we ever said to her you must .....) In fact when the times of tests, mocks etc came around myself and my husband would dread it because of the effect that it had on the rest of our family. Our daughter is the eldest of five and when they are having episodes like this it has a massive impact on everyone!! All I can say is that this CD is truly amazing, I have bought CDs before for losing weight etc and never had much luck with them (not from this person) . This CD was bought about 2/3 weeks before her actual exams started this year. She listened to it every night before going to bed and it had an immediate effect. She stopped doing the continual cramming which the teachers and us have been telling her for years, she started to be more relaxed even when talking about revision and her exams, we didn't have any exam induced meltdowns and come the day of the exams she was happy relaxed organised and rearing to go. During the whole exam process she has not complained once, even about her two dreaded subjects Chemistry and Geography, she has come home happy and positive about each one. She wants to do so well in her exams, and the way in which she explained it to me, was that before when she knew there was going to be exams, she couldn't think properly and remember the information Now she can remember the info doesn't panic doesn't get completely stressed out and is generally so much more relaxed. For me as a parent this has been a complete lifesaver, you want them to well but not to the extent that they are making their lives a complete misery and everyone else's for that matter!!!!! I never write reviews, however I know how my daughter has suffered through her school life with this, so if this review helps one other really unhappy and stressed out teenager with the pressures of exams then it will have been worth the time that this has taken to write! I am so grateful that I stayed up late one night and found this CD and I will definitely be looking through Glenn's other listings to see if there is any other CDs that would help with any other issues in everyday life!!!! '

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works!, 12 Oct. 2011
This cd really helped my children when they were taking their exams (one GCSE and one Degree finals) this year!

Overcome Exam Nerves (Hypnosis Series)
Overcome Exam Nerves (Hypnosis Series) by Glenn Harrold (Audio Cassette - 1 Sept. 2002)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available