Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 February 2013
As a Manchester United fan i was surprised to learn just how much Real Madrid helped United out in the aftermath of Munich. A tale of two cities is an excellent, well written and at times truly moving book. Highly recommended to reds of all ages.I never knew how much we owed to Real Madrid and especially their then President Santiago Bernabeu. Ludden tells a cracking tale. Well worth a read and the last line of the book left me in tears.
on 9 January 2013
This is the story of the untold friendship between two of the biggest names in club football. It is a relationship that has stood the test of time. And, with the pair about to meet once again in the Champions League next month John Ludden's book should be read for it as a thrilling, rollercoaster tale of tragedy, despair, sublime football and thrilling victory.
on 27 February 2013
A truly remarkable story of the early days of the European cup and of how real madrid and Manchester United became such world renowned clubs. As a United supporter I've read plenty of articles and books about the Munich air disaster and the rebuilding of the team, leading to the 1968 European cup victory. But this was so interesting in how it detailed the close history between these two clubs, most of which I was unaware of. A must read for any Manchester United fan, but would also be enjoyed by any true football fan, regardless of who you support.
on 11 March 2014
I read it as a red. I gave it my dad who is a blue,but remembers 1958. He loved it too. I think any football fan who is tired of the usual ghost written autobiography would enjoy reading about real Madrid storming,unstoppable, through Europe. Alfredo Di Stefano ,Ferenc Puskás. Or the emergence from the Manchester rain of Matt Busby and his team,racing to the semi finals to meet them in 1957. Only to be cut short.
Then rise again.
A great read.
on 8 September 2013
This is an excellent book written by a proper fan.
Whether you are a United fan or just a regular supporter who loves football...this is a must read book.
I had no idea there was such an effinity between the two clubs.
Very well written...couldn't put it down, had been meaning to read it since hearing an interview on Talksport ages ago, glad I did!!
on 28 February 2014
A great read for any Manchester United fan or like myself a Madridista, portraying the true friendship and respect between two of sports greatest institutions that goes so much further than the footballing field!!
on 16 June 2014
This is a book not just for United and Madrid followers but for fans of the beautiful game. Well written, it takes you on a roller coaster ride of emotions. Fantastic!
on 8 March 2013
Really well researched. despite being a Manchester United supporter all my life I never realised the close connection between the two clubs. Lets hope it continues
on 16 June 2013
A great book. Full of history about two great clubs I loved reading about Di Stefano, Puskas and obviously Manchester United.
on 15 November 2013
brilliant account of 2 great clubs with a massive history, the author has really done his homework about this tragic event