Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 February 1999
I READ THIS BOOK RECENTLY AND I MUST SAY THAT MOST BOOKS ON YOGA SEEM TO TAKE THE POINT OF VIEW THAT ONE NEEDS TO SHARE THE PHILOSOPHY. NOT THIS bOO ! I AM A SAUFFERER OF EXTREME FATIGUE, AND AFTER TRYING THE GENTLE EXERCISES IN THE BOOK I BEGAN TO FEEL BETTER...AFTER 20 YEARS OF TIREDNESS..I HOPE, AND AM SURE THAT THE EXERCISE REGIMES PROPOSED WILL BE OF HELP TO EVERYONE WHO SUFFFERS FROM TIREDNESS. WELL DONE FIONA AGOMBAR..THIS WILL HELP A LOT OF PEOPLE WITH TIREDNESS, WHATEVER THE CAUSE! ...Bruce Sievewright
on 13 October 2010
THis book is really interesting and the author has done her research on ME very thoroughly. Really worth reading those bits alone, if you're new with the illness or can't read the research yourself.
The text and pictures of Yoga poses explain clearly how to do the poses, and there are some interesting suggestions for a personal programme, depending on how ill you are.
However, these are less useful than they might be, because most don't show you the poses alongside the text. And there's no index at the back. So, if you have a poor memory, like me and most ME folk, you'll get a bit stuck until you've learnt all the relevant poses. Which could take you some time!
If the publishers had put in a proper index, I wdve given this book 6 out of 5.
on 11 April 1999
I bought this book and follwed the advice which has hellped me very significantly. A month ago I was stressed,tired and all over the place..but I have taken just 20 minutes A day to follow the exercises in the book and I feel so much more able to cope!! I don't know why it has worked..and I don't review books ,.. I just think it's brilliant!! I work in the licensed trade which is all about deadlines..and this book has really stopped me expolding with stress..All my staff are reading it!¬¬Roy Walters
VINE VOICEon 16 November 2007
I'd recommend this book to everyone, but especially those with fatigue problems. There are sections covering recovery from CFS, and how it develops, which in my experience is pretty accurate. It's well written, well organised, and informative. Its the best yoga book Ive read, and by far the most useful. There are also interesting sections on chakras and meditation that could spark your interest in other topics. It covers the basics of these Eastern ideas in a very down-to-earth way.
A classic yoga book.
on 15 July 2002
I bought this book as I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and knew that yoga is recommended as a way to combat this crippling illness. The book is fantastic for all those with CFS, as well as those who feel tired all the time. It has chapters on the most common reasons for fatigue such as stress and poor diet and advises on these. There are clear instructions on how to start yoga with pictures and advice on routines to try. There are also specific chapters on CFS and the illness in general, with good advice on how many postures to try. There are also good guidelines for meditation plus stories from people who have been helped by practising yoga. It was worth every penny and my yoga teacher is now going to buy it!
on 28 September 2009
I have suffered with ME for 8 years and wish I had found this book ages ago. I have tried yoga before so recognised some of the postures, the book recommends postures and routines to follow and how much an individual should be attempting to do. I have felt lighter and more toned since doing this yoga which is great for someone who was addicted to exercise and hasn't been able to do much for a long time.

There is also advice on yoga breathing and meditation which is important for increasing energy levels. Very pleased and wish there was a good DVD out to go with the book.
on 30 May 2013
Well written, easily understood and a mine of information. Whether you have me/cfs or general stress/fatigue problems this book can really help you. Read it. Do it. and quickly feel the improvement. You will get out what you put in - but take it gently this is not a race but a gentle re-training of the mind and body which will bring you health. It has been such a valuable and profound support for me in my own health journey.
on 17 June 2009
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is looking to improve their health and well-being. Fiona writes from the genuine, compassionate and inspirational viewpoint of someone who has experienced the most severe form of fatigue (M.E.), and then gone on to make a full recovery.
Currently on my own recovery journey from this difficult and debilitating illness, I found her book to be heart-warming, inspiring, informative and easy to follow. I have previously attended yoga classes but often found that I would easily push beyond my limits in this setting. I particularly liked the section on suggested daily routines tailored to the varying severities of the illness for this reason. Extending my knowledge of why and how each posture could be of benefit to my health has also been very helpful. Not so helpful was the fact that I kept making the slip of calling it 'Beat Yoga With Fatigue' ..oops.. that'll be the brain fog. All I need now is a personal coach to make sure I keep to my routine! Best of luck with beating fatigue with yoga everyone! : )
on 20 May 2014
I suffer from ME and had heard about Fiona Agombars style of yoga from other patients at The Optimum Health Clinic (a clinic specialising in the treatment of ME). The book has been a great help for me. It gives you an understanding of the theory behind yoga as well as a large selection of yoga positions which are all graded so that you can start with easy ones and work your way up to tackling the harder ones. She also includes various breathing, meditation and visualisation exercises which are great to either on their own or as part of a yoga session

If, like me, you have tried a normal yoga class and round it too tiring, then the book is a great way to teach yourself simple yoga positions and breathing techniques. I was a complete yoga novice before \I bought the book and now I feel rather knowledgeable!
on 27 February 2012
I couldn't put this book down. I have been suffering from Adreanal Fatigue and this book has had a major impact on my recovery. I learnt so much about my fatigue. Not only that I learnt practises and new skills that I know will make a difference to me for the rest of my life. If you suffer from fatigue or you just know you need to change your lifestyle, this is a great place to start to open your eyes to a totally different way to live (as well as tools to create it)... a connected and fulfilled life.