on 30 December 2010
Bought this map to help plan a charity bike ride in aid of FAB (Families Activity Breaks) a joint MoD and YHA project for the families of breaved service personnel. The map is fantastic, it covers the areas of the route in detail and provide alternatives for different types of bikes. The sections are manageable and allow the map to be folded down to aid with route planning for each day of your ride. If this is the standard of the Sustrans maps, then I will happily buy more when I want to tackle other routes. Overall a five star product.
on 26 February 2015
This map was an excellent reference that enabled my friend and I too plan our cycle trip with ease. Perfect size and clear to read, I loved the level of detail and information that the map provided allowing you to gain a clear picture of each day. In actual fact, when doing the cycle trip itself, I found that I didn't need the map too much as the sign posting on the route was excellent. It was still a great resource to have at hand though as it enabled us to track our progress. It even helped us out of a few sticky situations when one of our bikes decided to fall apart allowing us to locate the nearest bike shop!
These maps are definitely worth a buy and are a staple to your cycle trip. I'm now planning the Hadrian's Cycleway trip and the first thing I did was purchase the equivalent map for the route.
on 17 January 2011
A great route map.

I have used the Sustrans C2C map previously to ride from Workington to Tynemouth and this one is equally clear.
on 9 July 2012
sustrans do a wonderfull job I bought a way of the roses map I found it clear well laidout and easy to understand. I caught a train to Moracambe I set out with the sea to my back at 11.am on a hot tuesday morning I found it quite hard with the hills the heat and camping gear, I camped at Appletreewick the first night I then rode to York I stayed at the youth hostel the second night the day was good warm and sunny. the third day I rode through hell to get to Bridlington a strong wind in my face and heavy rain all day I found a bed/breakfast I Intended to ride to York for the ctc rally and camp there, more heavy rain after twenty miles and a change of cloathes I rode to Selby and got the train home, all in all as sixty year old with Diabetes a stent fitted I would like to do it again but staying in youth hostels and carrying much less weight. I have also ridden from Cockermouth to Southshields on the Adrians wall route getting over the hills the first day was a killer, but the second day running down the Tyne into Newcastle really was my kind of biking.
on 11 March 2013
Being born and bred on the East Coast and now living in Lancashire, this would seem appropriate. I have recently taken up cycling again and I saw this route on a tv programme and thought , why not. Will have to do a bit of planning, but the map is self explanatory and easy to read having read maps for walking and hiking holidays in the North Yorkshire Moors and Dales.
I would recommend this having looked over it, but feel free to take any accompanying book or guige with you.
Delivered on time and an excellent service. I will be ordering more of the same.
on 15 January 2013
Brought this after TV spot some weeks ago. Thought this ideal project for first time long distance ride. This map is ok but found it a bit small in scale and route at first glance, a bit indistinict, although they are trying to package a large route into a manageable package. Would need to mark the route with different colour for my eyes. Hoping the route is well sign posted and the material it is made of stands up to use.
on 12 January 2014
I have a number of these maps for planning three day bike trips with my friends. They are a great resource for planning and a quick look up of the route when out on the bike. Comes in a plastic wallet which protects the map in my bag.

If you are planning on doing the route, this is a must have.
on 13 June 2013
Great route well sign posted enjoyed the scenery the map was well planned out information on everything places to stay
And cafeteria bike shops on route just in
Case of a mechanical problems the route
Was kept away from busy main roads as well
I can say sustrans have done a good job.
on 20 May 2013
Three stars for me because although it is well produced it is still only a pamphlet. I havent done the route yet so may add more on the quality of information later if there is a problem.
on 18 January 2014
This is a great route to follow, plenty of detail and very easy to read, being water proof is a bonus as the weather can be inclement as im sure all you mad cyclists will know.