4.0 out of 5 stars A comprehensive guide to living and working in Canada, 15 July 2007
Frank Gerryts (Vancouver, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living and Working in Canada (Living & Working in Canada) (Paperback)
This book really does cover a large number of topics that are involved in moving to Canada. Many people probably assume that they know what to expect from this beautiful country but I strongly believe that more research in advance makes for a more successful move.

This book is a good reference guide. Even now, when I am running a relocation business helping others move to British Columbia, I find the occasional need to refer to this book.

Finding a job is one of the main issues that people deal with when moving to Canada. While this book is of some help in this, I felt that this topic was not given enough emphasis. Perhaps that deserves a book in it's own right.

Overall the book is a good reference and will help you prepare for relocating to Canada.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent newcomers guide, 2 Jan 2008
J. B. Chapman (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Having recently located from one capital city (London) to another (Ottawa) I can thoroughly recommend this guide to anybody contemplating a similar move. So far (three weeks in Canada and counting) I have not found a topic that I needed advice on that this book could not answer. In fact, I have frequently found that I am perhaps better informed than some of the resident population! The book's style is open and engaging, and where differences between provinces exist they are outlined accurately and succinctly. My only, minor, criticism is that the indexing could be better, but not by much. If you combine this book with one of the better tourist guides I can't see that there would be much you aren't prepared for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful book if you are interested in moving (and working in) Canada, 28 Jan 2011
Useful book. Packed with tons and tons of useful information about moving, costs, problems, good reasons etc to go, issues, visas etc .. everything you need to know (probably)

Still living in the UK, that is not the fault of the book though.

5.0 out of 5 stars where i want to be, 1 Feb 2009
Peter J. Campbell (UK / Canada) - See all my reviews
I bought this book as 1 of 3 on the subject. I hope to move out to Canada in 2010, & find the information not dated, written with humour & feeling, rather than just pages of fact & figures. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on moving to Canada in print., 31 Dec 2008
Carol Aldridge (Torquay Devon) - See all my reviews
This book is up to date, complete and offers every part of advice you will need. If you are moving to Canada I suggest you pick it up and start reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living and wrking in Canada, 15 April 2009
Probably the best book I have read on moving abroad.before writing this review I was looking for a negativ,e I cant find one.
If you are thinking of moving to Canada or buying a home, you need to grab a copy.

ARRAY(0xac33b7ec)

Living and Working in Canada (Living & Working in Canada)
Living and Working in Canada (Living & Working in Canada) by Graeme Chesters (Paperback - 28 Jun 2006)
Used & New from: 0.01