5.0 out of 5 stars The Dark of the Soul - An illuminating astrological approach, 1 April 2009
Crazy Crone "Mo" (Alsancak, North Cyprus) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dark of the Soul: Psychopathology in the Horoscope (Paperback)
I have to confess straight up that I just love Liz Greene's writing, they resonate with my approach to digging into people's inner lives. Another confession - I'm teaching myself astrology so don't expect this review to be from a fully fledged astrologer. I'm on trainee wheels. I found the information in this book fascinating. Liz Greene's ability to look into people and draw such in-depth conclusions is really gob-smacking. This book looks at our attitudes to evil, to people who are psychopaths, what makes psychopaths with reference to astrological influences, and scapegoating. The scapegoating section I found fascinating and challenging, given modern scapegoats - paedophiles, fat people and, here in Australia in recent times, the demon bikers. You can probably nail down your own examples of scapegoats in society. I found the scapegoating section relevant to my own life and gained some insights into my own childhood background and behavioural responses which were quite astounding. Don't read this book if you want a nice, light read. Material about the Moors Murders makes difficult reading, for instance, but if you want to look deeply into behaviour which our societies find hard to understand, this book is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breath-taking in depth and profundity, 27 May 2011
Silverdolphin23 (LONDON, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Liz writes very well indeed .... Goes in depth into the 'dark side' with case references ... Eg miloseviec of yugoslavia .... ReLly brings it to life with reference to astrological principles ...
I keep buying this book every few years as whatever copy I but keeps getting lent out !!! Never mind !!

Dark of the Soul: Psychopathology in the Horoscope
Dark of the Soul: Psychopathology in the Horoscope by Liz Greene (Paperback - 3 Aug. 2003)