5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring
I like the fact that there are directions from the 3 ports so you can get off the ferry, get on your bike and begin your holiday. Also the author gives a plug to the little known (in the UK anyway) Freinden op the Fiets (Friends of the Bicycle), an excellent organisation which has provided us with B+Bs on our recent 2 cycling holiday in the Netherlands.
The book has...
Published 24 months ago by Jane

2.0 out of 5 stars Cycling in the Netherlands or Cycling in Holland?
Published on 2 May 2012 by Barry Coyle

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 14 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Cycling in the Netherlands: The Very Best Routes in a Cyclist's Paradise (Paperback)
The book has certainly inspired me to go cycling in the Netherlands again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cycling in the Netherlands or Cycling in Holland?, 2 May 2012
Barry Coyle - See all my reviews
I got this book yesterday and have to say I'm very disappointed in it. It's not what I though it would be. There is some good general information about cycling in the netherlands, about preparation and about accommodation. However it deals almost entirely with Noord Holland and Zuid Holland. The other routes mentioned ( 1 in Zeeland, 1 in Utrecht and Gelderland, 1 in Flevoland ) do not justify the title of Cycling in the Netherlands. I'm sure if you want to concentrate on Holland this is a good book but does not deal with the Netherlands in the way the title suggests. There is not a single word about Friesland, Groningen, the islands, Limburg, Drenthe, Overijssel or Nord Brabant. These are the quietest provinces in the Netherlands and would be serene for cycling. And there is very little about Utrecht, Zeeland, Flevoland, Gelderland and the many national parks in the Netherlands. I'll just have to splash out again.

5.0 out of 5 stars We had a great holiday, 6 Aug. 2012
We have just returned from 6 days cycling in the Netherlands, following the main circular route in this book (350km from Hoek van Holland up the coast to Haarlem, round to Amsterdam via some nature reserves, south along canals to Utrecht and then west via Gouda and Delft back to the ferry). Each day we cycled about half the day and went sight-seeing the other half. This book does not contain much sight-seeing information - we took another book for that. We found it fairly easy to follow the route, and only got slightly lost once, but in the towns we did have to stop and study the maps quite often. The route was beautiful most of the way - beside the coast, along canals, rivers and dykes and much of it was traffic free. Without this book I do not think we would have found such quiet cycle lanes. The general information at the beginning was very helpful too, especially on Dutch traffic rules.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful for general information but does not use the great 'green' waymarked Fiets routes, 28 May 2014
Found this useful for general information about cycling in Holland (which was helpful), but fared better using a detailed local map, which detailed the green marked cycle paths - which are numbered at each junction and give you the distance between, These are much easier to use for both planning and cycling purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars trip to be undertaken, 10 Mar. 2013
This book was for my husband who plans our cycling routes , he sat and read it from page to page and found it very useful and informative. we have had similar books before we know what to expect , base on this book though we are undertaking one of the routes plus a bit more this year! Good value too

3.0 out of 5 stars This book is very well presented but it only contains ..., 3 Feb. 2015
J. Pratt (Suffolk) - See all my reviews
This book is very well presented but it only contains maps and detailed descriptions of a few multi-day routes. I was looking looking for circular one day routes. I seem to be getting more success on various web sites than from books

4.0 out of 5 stars The Netherlands Cycling Guide, 17 Feb. 2014
Our cycle ride is still in the planning stages, but I think it will be exactly what we will need for a successful ride in The Netherlands, Taking us from the port to the cities, with accommodation, routes and distances included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!!, 8 Oct. 2013
Mrs. Karen Gray (Middlesbrough, UK) - See all my reviews
This was bought for my husband as he is attempting a bike ride next year through Holland. He said it is exactly what he needs and gives him everything he needs to know about such a trip. He says that it is excellent!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for a special friend, 8 April 2014
Excellent book. Bought for friends who have emigrated and are planning to cycle in the Netherlands.

Very good - thick and ring bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 8 Jan. 2014
Great guide, offering easy-to-follow maps and instructions which we were able to use on a recent 5 day tour of the Netherlands. Recommended

Cycling in the Netherlands: The Very Best Routes in a Cyclist's Paradise
Cycling in the Netherlands: The Very Best Routes in a Cyclist's Paradise by Eric Van der Horst (Paperback - 1 Aug. 2011)