on 18 October 2011
This comment is made by the publisher, Ceiriog Press.

FURTHER COMMENT 2ND DECEMBER 2013

YET AGAIN, AMAZON ARE DOING THEIR BEST TO PUT SMALL PUBLISHERS OUT OF BUSINESS BY STATING THAT A BOOK IS 'TEMPORARILY OUT OF STCOK' OR 'NOT AVAILABLE'. IT IS ONLY 'OUT OF STOCK' BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T ORDERED ANY! COPIES ARE AVAILABLE FROM OTHER AMAZON SUPPLIERS OR THE PUBLISHER DIRECT.The Rails to Glyn Ceiriog: The History of the Glyn Valley Tramway 1857 - 1903 (Industrial History of the Ceiriog Valley)

We are somewhat puzzled by the statements that this title The Rails to Glyn Ceiriog: The History of the Glyn Valley Tramway 1857 - 1903 (Industrial History of the Ceiriog Valley) is 'currently out of stock' or is 'delayed by Amazon suppliers'. The book has been on the market since 17th September 2011, Ceiriog Press have no outstanding orders on their books and neither do Amazon source direct from us.
on 12 November 2011
I have only just received my copy so have had time for only a cursory examination but my first impressions are that the book is beautifully produced and meticulously researched as expected. I am sure that I will enjoy this every bit as much as I did the author's "Slates from Glyn Ceiriog" and I eagerly await the third and final volume in this series.

However I also wanted to add my comments to the previous "review" which was left by the publisher and expressed puzzlement at Amazon's claims that the book was "currently out of stock" or "delayed by Amazon suppliers". I'm also puzzled. I placed my order with Amazon on 25 August. It was acknowledged and an estimated dispatch date of 16 September was quoted. On 17 September I had a further e-mail from Amazon saying "We regret to inform you that your order will take longer to fulfil than originally estimated. Our supplier has notified us that there is a delay obtaining stock". This was the very same day that the publisher says the book became available on the market !!

I heard nothing more from Amazon until 8 November when they quoted a revised delivery date of 14 November. The book was actually despatched on 9 November and received 2 days later on 11 November - 2 months after the publisher says it became available on the market. Currently (11 November) Amazon are again showing the book as "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.

I have no idea what is going on here as I have always found Amazon's service to be excellent. Perhaps it is time they dispensed with their "supplier", whoever that is, and dealt directly with the publisher.
on 18 April 2012
What a pleasure to get this book at last. John Milner who has always produced high quality books has come up trumps with the 2nd volume about the Glyn Valley.
Superbly illustrated and well measured text appeals to the casual rail enthusiast as well as the more knowledgeable person. If you only buy one narrow gauge book this year, make it this one
on 7 April 2015
Fantastic history of the Glyn Valley Tramway. The newer edition should be even better as a complete reference tome.
on 19 April 2015
Excellent, prompt service... and a great book too.