4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, to fill a gap in my horticultural knowledge!
Published 22 months ago by Deborah

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite good but not as useful as I expected
Interesting reading but I expected more from this book - perhaps there could have been a bit more on identifying the plants to help those not sure of their botany.
Published 13 months ago by Sarah

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, to fill a gap in my horticultural knowledge!, 8 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Weeder's Digest: Identifying & enjoying edible weeds (Paperback)
I design Herbal, physic & all types of Medicinal gardens using dandelions and nettles - what some would consider weeds (unwanted plants). I regard these as valued herbs with great benefits nutritionaly and medicinally. This book has lots of interesting plants with great benefits to offer. I like the way it is written with stories associated to the plants, it is now a valued part of my collection to create my Gardensinharmony.com
Deborah

4.0 out of 5 stars a real inspiration, 5 Sep 2012
Ladylawn (Feltwell, Norfolk) - See all my reviews
I've always considered wild plants to be a wasted resource - after all, our ancestors would have looked upon a wild flower meadow as a medicine chest - now I'm mustering up the confidence to go foraging for food. A nice book with a helpful identification guide for each species as well as history, folklore and recipes

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR KINDLE, 12 Mar 2014
It is not my fault if amazon does not offer the means to review the kindle version of books as opposed to the books themselves. To warn prosspective buyers of the kindle version: I would not bother if i was you as the table of contents is useless in that it lumps all plants under one entry 'A bouquet of weeds'. The index is not directly linked to the contenst it refers either so the riches this book might contain are well hidden and out of your reach.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite good but not as useful as I expected, 3 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Edible wild greenery, 24 Feb 2013
This book was bought as a Christmas gift for my weed-eating adult son, in the hope that he will not poison himself! My knowledge of the subject is quite extensive, but nevertheless, there was so much in this book that I wanted to keep it for myself. It is beautifully illustrated and clearly written. A fine and informative book.

4.0 out of 5 stars beginners guide, 23 July 2014
Good pictures for identification. Informative. A good starter book for foraging.

The Weeder's Digest: Identifying & enjoying edible weeds
The Weeder's Digest: Identifying & enjoying edible weeds by Gail Harland (Paperback - 28 Jun 2012)
11.79