5.0 out of 5 stars This book will be fantastic

3.0 out of 5 stars BRMs Purple Patch
Published on 18 Jun. 2008 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will be fantastic, 22 Sept. 2007
K. Lyons "Kev Lyons" (Congleton, Cheshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BRM - The Saga of British Racing Motors Volume 3: Monocoque Cars 1964-1968 (Motor Sport) (Hardcover)
As with the others in the series this will be an excellent book. I have had this book on order for a very long time. It was ordered because of the excellent price that Amazon offered - almost too good to be true. I knew the book was not published when I ordered - DEC 2007 is the latest estimate, its with the printers as I write this (Sep 2007). Amazon have cancelled my order saying the book is unavailable. They have not responded to my emails so I'm off to Chaters who put customer service first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand Finale, 17 Feb. 2015
Michael J. Quarterman (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews
The final volume. If you have the other two you probably didn't even need a review. This has all the great quality of the others.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRM - The saga of British Racing, 7 Aug. 2011
I purchased this on behalf of my sister for her husband's birthday, he was very pleased with it. The price was reasonable. It arrived quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for motor racing enthusiasts., 21 Nov. 2012
One of the best one make histories. Bought as a gift, but read by me as well. Very good value, and the first two parts are excellent as well

4.0 out of 5 stars Could Do Better, 6 Dec. 2008
John G. Millar (UK) - See all my reviews
I was surprised at how much of this book was simply given over to Tony Rudd's contemporary race reports. While these are very interesting I couldn't help but think that Doug Nye was having a bit of a free ride. I hope his late co-author's estate has been suitably recompensed. In general I felt that the book was not up to the standard of the first two volumes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 July 2015
Really great book looks good with no 1 & 2 books

3.0 out of 5 stars BRMs Purple Patch, 18 Jun. 2008
Co-authored by Tony Rudd, the designer behind the cars described, this book covers some of the same ground as the section dealing with BRM in Tony Rudd's biography. (It was Fun). The layout is disappointingly orthodox and the prose nothing to write home about, I expected more engineering discussion of the sort Motor Sport used to do based around cutaway drawings. I don't think this book adds a huge amount, certainly not for the money; Tony Rudd's own book has a more liberated personal flavour to it and gives great insight into how incompetent poorly focussed management can kaibosh sound engineering, something which Rudd was able to sort out once he was given the reins. The problem I have with series like this is they seem to accredit a marque with some kind of genetic lineage recogniseable in the metal. This is nonsense. The only lineage is in the approach of the people involved, and when they come and go, the product changes. The BRMs before and after Rudd's tenure were one thing, Rudd's cars were something else.

For that reason I shan't be anticipating Vol 4 with anywhere near the same eagerness as I anticipate Tony Southgate's biography.