on 17 November 2008
What a wonderful book! It captures perfectly not only the highs lows and culture of Sunderland AFC but also 1960's football as Charlie Hurley's rags to riches tale is told eloquently and with passion by author Mark Metcalfe. Interwoven with wider sporting stories of the time its easy too see why this is fast becoming a best seller. If youre a fan of Sunderland AFC or Millwall or if youre just in the mood for a great football tale then this book is for you. I didnt realise in the wider world of football just how highly Sunderland's Player Of The Century was regarded and makes me sad that I never saw the man in action, wearing the famous red and white stripes. Brilliant, buy it!
on 4 March 2012
This book brought back many great memories of my days on the terraces at Roker Park. However, in places, it was tedious reading what was almost an "itemised list" of results and scorers. I'm still very glad I bought it and yes he was the greatest!!
on 22 October 2014
The King. Every Sunderland supporter should buy this.
on 27 November 2015
From my point of view it was a very informative book
on 23 August 2014
Title says it all, brill.
on 13 August 2015