1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Whats happened?, 24 Dec 2001
A. M. Douglas "A Reader" (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Champagne and Sparkling Wine Guide 2002 (Paperback)
I have just flicked through my new copy of this wonderful guide, and my first impression is, what's happened? Ok, the publisher has changed - same as the encyclopedia and now has the same cover - but it is no longer the glossy guide with history and information, but simply a list of champagnes and sparkling wines.
More than this, the sections on supermarket fizz and where to buy have both disappeared - I guess this is for cross-country marketing but these were really useful! I'm ok, I've got the last two guides, but I've bought it as a present for someone who doesn't and won't know where to get the more esoteric wines. The tasting forms are, I suppose, useful for some but not for most - waste of space. The rest of the book has a similar format, which was fine before and fine now.
Oh well - still a smashing guide. My last two copies never made it onto my book shelf as I was for ever thumbing through it, and no doubt this one will be the same (I've already used it to purchase two bottles this morning :)
Can't wait for the new encyclopedia...

Champagne and Sparkling Wine Guide 2002
Champagne and Sparkling Wine Guide 2002 by Tom Stevenson (Paperback - 6 Dec 2001)
Used & New from: 0.01