Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 October 2009
This book is a real gem! As a Mindfulness teacher, I'm constantly on the look-out for good quality resources that I can pass on to my students and that will help me to deepen and strengthen my own practice; Maitreyabandhu's book combines substantial insight and experience with humorous common sense and a firm grounding in the real world.

Written in an easily accessible style by the leader of the London Buddhist Centre's "Breathing Space"(no relation!) programme and following the now well-established 8 week format, the book takes us step by step through a process of becoming more conscious and appreciative of the world around us and of our own inner processes and experience. What I particularly like is the emphasis on integrating Mindfulness into all aspects of our daily lives, from organising ourselves and completing unfinished business, to appreciating art and nature and exploring relationships with others. The spiritual dimension is there throughout, and the book has a solid foundation in Buddhist teachings, but you definitely don't have to be a Buddhist to benefit, and it's very much left to the reader to decide how far they want to engage with the spiritual aspects of the practice.

A great addition to the rapidly-expanding Mindfulness library, and a "must" for anyone interested in living a fuller, richer life.
on 11 August 2013
Very well-written course on mindfulness, which, in my opinion, is suitable both for those new to mindfulness and for those looking to deepen their existing practice. It was genuinely an inspirational read for me.
on 22 February 2015
Good for beginners. Good for ongoing reflection on practice. Good for linking us with all other beings in our shared humanity. Thoughtful about implications of this in our living, values and behavior and sharing our 'merit' with others
on 24 March 2016
interesting book...the world might be a more peaceful pace if we all practised kindness and mindfulness in the moment and let go of allthe anger and resentment. Good book..lots things to practice and think about .
on 22 May 2013
Simple and quick reading for people who enjoy endeavoring themselves to get to know a bit more about the spiritual path of life.
Definitely recommend
on 12 February 2014
I have read this book twice now and am in the process of following the practical exercises as I read it for the third time. Wouldn't be without it.
on 28 November 2014
Easily written - just the right amount of words! Lots of exercises to keep me busy - only just starting it, doing it slowly and mindfully.
on 15 August 2013
thanks Maitreybandhu for a very practical guide to a more mindful life, and opening to the way things are in our every day lives/
on 15 December 2013
Very useful book to help relaxing. If you suffer from anxiety or related problems, will be a good book to read
on 16 June 2015
Helpful, hopeful and fully formed - more so than I was expecting - a challenge!