5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime masterpiece, 17 Sep 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Origins of Man and the Universe: The Myth That Came to Life (Paperback)
Well, here it is, probably the greatest of all books, greater even than Barry Long's other works and in my opinion greater than anything by the other spiritual master, Krishnamurti. It is probably also Barry Long's least accessible work, and difficult to finish, as its content is spiritual, not intellectual or emotional. If you are seeking for truth and have perhaps found traces in authors such as Jung, Gurdjieff, Steiner and D. H. Lawrence, here is the pure vein.

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece, 13 July 2008
This book is a unique masterpiece. Barry Long's books are in different styles to suit different people. This is the deepest and most profound of all his works, and so may not be accessible for everyone. If you are suited to this book then it is not to be missed, as you will not find it becomes "too abstract" as you go deeper into it. It is not a theory, or entertainment. It is written to work powerfully on the reader's unconscious. The stiller you are, the more you can absorb, and the further you can read into it. It can be read again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for the Truth of Life? Here it is!, 25 Jun 2007
The truth of life the universe and everything is here at your finger tips and ready to be realized within you. I have read this book many times over the last fifteen years beginning with the original work which was not as easy to work through. The more often you read the truth of life, the more easily you assimilate it and finally become that truth. As you read this masterpiece so truth is revealed within you and ignorance is dissipated. If you are a sincere seeker of truth, reality or a greater integrity than personal will then this is certainly for you . . . enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're ready for it, you'll read it!, 13 April 2013
j murdoch (Awali, Bahrain) - See all my reviews
First, thanks to Barry Long for writing this book, it's immense, and thanks also to the many others who have been involved in getting it into print.

I've read a few heavies before this: I Am That - Sri Nisargadatta; many Tibetan books including the Tibetan Book of the Dead; a number of Krishnamurti books, videos and talks, the Bhagavad Gita, The Tao etc. I would also include the 3 books by Bernadette Roberts and although my list is not endless, there are many more of no less importance. No doubt you will have your own list.

In my spare time I do comparative religious/cultural studies and to help me do that I read history, science, psychology, philosophy and religion. Thus far, I have found the Barry Long book to be the center piece in my jig-saw. This book has been like going to the cinema, sometimes it's only when you get to the end of the movie that it all comes together and you get the feeling that your life will never be the same again.

Whilst it has been said that the Bible is the greatest selling book of all time, it is also probably the least read and understood. I for one have struggled with it for many years which in no small way is down to the subjective religious conditioning that was imposed on me in my early years. Although I gave up on the Church long ago, I refused to give up on Jesus and, after a long period of time, having finally divested myself of all the religious baggage accrued in my early years, I have come to know Jesus in a different light. With what I have gained from Barry's book, I feel at last I am now ready to read and understand the Bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars There are not enough stars...., 3 Feb 2006
By A Customer
..to rate this book.
In the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy they searched for the answer to 'life, the universe and everything'. Which turned out to be 42, which was a great disapointment to everyone. Well, Barry Long provides the answer. It's not 42. You won't be disapointed, it's more amazing than anything you could ever imagine...

Origins of Man and the Universe: The Myth That Came to Life
Origins of Man and the Universe: The Myth That Came to Life by Barry Long (Paperback - 12 Sep 1997)
11.42