5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this now ..... !
Published 6 months ago by Claire

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, better books out there!
I brought this hoping my daughter could take it to school and help the other children understand the condition.
However it reads poorly and actually doesnt explain things clearly at all, It's a shame becasue if every paragraph didn't start with brother/sister it may have been better but the consatnt use of brother/sister gets very very annoying.
Published on 12 May 2012 by NicolaA

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, better books out there!, 12 May 2012
This review is from: Everybody is Different: A Book for Young People Who Have Brothers or Sisters with Autism (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for older children with a classically autistic sibling but...., 29 Dec 2011
..... not for explaining the quirks of a sibling with Asperger's to a child under ten. I bought this book thinking it would be great for such a purpose but the tone, explanations and descriptions seem to relate to classic autism and explaining the problems it causes to a child aged (approx) 12-16. I must admit, I only really flicked through this book as it was apparent pretty quickly it was not what I was looking for. If you are in the position I have described as my take on who it is aimed for and what it covers, it would be a really useful book to have to hand. However, it did not seem to be appropriate for an insight into the world and logic of an AS child so I had no choice but to return it. Still seeking the elusive book with the right answers. For me, it wasn't this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars informative, 25 Feb 2014
This is a very good book for siblings. My 11 year old daughter found it to be very informative and it helped her understand her younger sister more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this now ..... !, 1 Jan 2014
I bought this as a stocking filler for my Niece this Xmas who is 8 as her Brother has Autism, ADHD and Learning Difficulties and whilst while all aspects of this book didn't relate exactly to my Nephew this was indeed a selling point as showed the differences and 'spectrum' of autism. Well written and my Sister said a lot of adults could learn from reading this book that a 'autistic child' isn't being 'naughty' and as the title of this book says - everybody is different. Well priced and quick delivery of this book.
My Niece said when writing this review that other brothers and sisters would be able to understand more and it was very interesting ( so much so she read it in one go) - buy this book you will be pleased you did and then pass it onto to other people in your family and friends. Well done Fiona Bleach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Autism, 6 Aug 2013
Again this book helps you to understand some of the things that austistic children go through and to explain to them why it's happening to them...a great book I would highly recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for siblings of children with ASD, as well as other family members, 10 July 2013
This is a great positive explanation of ASD, and a frank and detailed description of the various emotions siblings can have about their brother/sister with ASD. Extremely useful to read and discuss as a family.

5.0 out of 5 stars great ideas, 21 April 2012
This review is from: Everybody is Different (Paperback)
This book is great, although my child is to young to read it gave me great ideas in how to explain why his slightly older sister behaves the way she does at times, (she has high functioning autism and he adores her copying everything she does), he is now through the ideas I've gained starting to understand he should not behave in certain ways (he is only 3 1/2 and taking it very well)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for.. perfect for grannies , friends etc too, 16 July 2011
Mrs. E. Kitchin (uk) - See all my reviews
I absolutely love this book. I had bought ' Can I tell you about Asperger Syndrome?' too and I think this one is far better. It answers lots and lots of questions in a great way- detailed but never condescending and allows for a real understanding for why some people with ASD may be non verbal or why they may cover their ears with certain noises etc etc Absolutely invaluable and will be buying many more copies:) People who come spend time with my son will now understand all his little quirks and this can only lead to a better understanding and more patience. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book very helpful to 9 year old to allow her to understand he 6 year old brothers problem, 18 Feb 2013
This book was purchased for my 9 year old granddaughter to help her understand the issues her 6 year old brother has. As soon as she received it she sat down and read it cover to cover. From discussions she has had with other people it appears she has found this book very helpful. Thank you

3.0 out of 5 stars Not right for us, 21 Feb 2010
AC Elliott (UK) - See all my reviews
My ten year old daughter, whom it was meant for, did not like the style of this book. I found it fine, but it wasn't for me.

3.99
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available