5.0 out of 5 stars sensational expose of doctors
Published on 10 Sep 2006 by michael h

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of medical science
I bought this for my 84 year old father who was being bombarded with pills from the doctor. He still works, drives and goes on holiday every year, driving to his destination. He was convinced he didn't need medical assistance so decided to read this book. I'm not sure it help[ed - common sense prevailed.
Published 11 months ago by Mrs. J. Wood

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars sensational expose of doctors, 10 Sep 2006
This review is from: How to Stop Your Doctor Killing You (Paperback)
I am a doctor and I have to admit that I started to read this book expecting to be angered. But I was not. It's all true. I'm sorry to have to admit. If more doctors read it then perhaps medicine would improve. Meanwhile, patients should read it so that they have a better understanding of the way things really work. I can understand some doctors being cross with VC for writing this book. They shouldnt be. They should be grateful to him for sharing the truth with patients.

4.0 out of 5 stars Close to Home, 7 Jun 2007
Dr. J. Foxlee (Bath, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Stop Your Doctor Killing You (Paperback)
Like the reviewer below I'm a doctor and the vast majority of what Vernon Coleman says is painfully true. When I first saw it on the coffee table at work I got cross - knee jerk reaction - then started reading. I found myself nodding in agreement.

I've met plenty of narrow-minded doctors, some who are simply unable to think after too many years of rote-learning. It's a slightly depressing read for this very reason, that so many colleagues are as Vernon describes. I think he's a bit too keen on sources of information that are prone to being incorrect (libraries often out of date and the internet full of misleading stuff as well as the facts) but it's a good book to help you understand the medical profession.

5.0 out of 5 stars lifesaving, 21 Aug 2006
This review is from: How to Stop Your Doctor Killing You (Paperback)
I read quite a lot of medical books. Most of them are crap. Written either by journalists who dont know much except what they learn from press handouts or by patronising doctors who are only interested in defending their profession. This one is different. Explosively different. It has been widely attacked by doctors and researchers and I can see why. I can see why some of them want it banned. If you just want the honest truth, told in a readable way, then this is the best book you can buy. I've given copies to three friends. They've all been delighted with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: How to Stop Your Doctor Killing You (Paperback)
Even if you don't agree with everything herein, this book is fascinating and very informative.

It certainly gives you something to think about in every chapter. If you have an open mind this book will really enlighten you and possibly spur you on to do further research into the areas discussed. Dr Coleman is rather down on the profession as a whole in this book, but with good reason I believe. While I know and respect many doctors, this book still gives an insight to how the profession works, from a doctor's point of view, and I know much of it to be correct as I have followed by friends medical educations and seen a lot of what Dr Coleman talks about happen.

I recommend this book as an interesting read which really affects anyone with a human body and an inquisitive mind.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dr Vernon talks sense, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: How to Stop Your Doctor Killing You (Paperback)
I love the book, it gives a great deal of help to those who need medical advise especially what questions to ask when seeing your doctor. I purchased this copy for a friend as I aready had a copy so that she could find the right treatment for her.

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of medical science, 25 Sep 2013
Mrs. J. Wood "ladyjan" (England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars worth a medal, 14 May 2006
This review is from: How to Stop Your Doctor Killing You (Paperback)
I have been patronised and ignored by doctors (alternately). Dr Vernon Coleman deserves a medal for standing up for patients. This book is terrific - especially the chapter entitled What I Would Do If I Had Cancer. Everyone in my family has read it and I've got a waiting list of people who want to borrow it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this of die, 25 April 2011
This review is from: How to Stop Your Doctor Killing You (Paperback)
A truely eye opening book which
should make every doctor / drug company hang their heads with shame .

5.0 out of 5 stars doctors dont understand, 14 May 2006
This review is from: How to Stop Your Doctor Killing You (Paperback)
Doctors like to think they understand patients fears. Most dont. This author does. Full marks for compassion. As good as a thriller and ten times as useful. If I ever have to go into hospital this book goes with me and sits on my bedside locker so that doctors know I'm watching them and know what to watch for. I bet doctors hate Dr Vernon Coleman!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book!, 12 May 2006
This review is from: How to Stop Your Doctor Killing You (Paperback)
An amazing book! I couldn't put this book down; it made interesting and shocking reading.

This book is definitely on the side of the patient and is not a book that will be favoured among doctors. The revelations about doctors are a real eye-opener. Considering the author of this book is a doctor himself, it must've taken a lot of courage to write this book.

'How to Stop Your Doctor Killing You' also contains lots of good, practical advice. There are sections on Ritalin, tranquillisers and a section called, 'What I would do if doctors told me I had cancer'.

I really believe that every household should have a copy of this book if they wish to stay alive.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

How to Stop Your Doctor Killing You
How to Stop Your Doctor Killing You by Vernon Coleman (Paperback - 11 Sep 2003)
12.73