Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 September 2013
Bought this for a trip to London with my grandson and we found it very useful. Clear maps and easy to read. There are some notes at the front organised into different types of experience - this was very helpful when we wanted to decide on where to go and what to see
on 31 December 2010
I was surprised at the map's small size when I got it in the mail. When traveling before, I've used large fold-up maps. This was far better! It fit nicely into my coat pocket, and when I looked at it, I didn't feel like a dorky tourist.

The front of the guide lists essential sights, places of general interest, houses & palaces, churches & cathedrals, museums & galleries, shopping, and parks & gardens. Included in the information is opening hours, admission costs, telephone number, and nearest tube stop. It was incredibly helpful when we had a free hour or two to check out something that wasn't on our initial itinerary. Also included is a simple map with most bus routes in the central London area. The back cover has a map of the tube system.

This guide/map was a wonderful resource and a great value!
on 28 May 2013
Soon after its delivery we visited London and used this item extensively. The bus and tube routes were a real bonus. Maybe it could have covered a slightly larger area but then the pocket convenience of the "book" would be compromised.
VINE VOICEon 25 May 2016
In May 2016 I had a brief (3 day) London adventure where I managed to take in some art galleries and other sites. I did some research before I travelled to make sure I used my limited time effectively and to do this I pulled out my trusty London map and guidebook. They would probably have sufficed but at over 20 years old they were slightly dated and probably held incorrect information. I therefore decided to buy new editions and I plumped for Bensons because of the clarity of the mapping and text. I consider it to be far superior to any others I've seen including the Collins versions and the A to Z standard. My advice is to look at several versions before you buy but make sure Bensons is on your list!
on 27 May 2011
But if you are using the car or a bike beware. It does not have in the one way systems at all so this is effectively useless unless you are on foot.

It is a good map and has good detail but I bought it with the intention of using it when driving and it does not fit my requirements for that. I am using it now as a "reference only" guide as to places but not as a full on map and do not take it out with me.
on 2 October 2013
Used it all the summer, really handy for the person who is new, sort of know were he is going but do not want to get lost. Always good to check what ''London celebrity'' you are accidentally passing!
on 17 April 2012
this was really easy to use and find points of interest which visitors to London would need to know. It was also a nice handy size to have in your inside pocket. Fully recommended!!!
on 31 August 2013
We bought this book for when we have days out in London. It is brilliant, very easy to carry & has everything you need (including many unusual things). Would definitely recommend.
on 24 September 2014
This portable, light, convenient VERY EASY TO READ map "booklet" is with me every time I go to London. This one is the new version. I cannot go without (it says it all).
on 24 February 2014
This map and guide was received by me well within the advised timescale. It was extremely well packaged. I can recommend the map to anyone else. It proved to be very useful.