5.0 out of 5 stars Really good recipies
I wish Stella had published more books. A good range of everyday dinners, quick and easy meals and some fantastic baking - including mincemeat and christmas cake. I've only found one recipe so far we didn't like.

Published on 9 Feb. 2007 by K. Forster

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading advice
It's tough finding out you are a type 2 diabetic. Sadly this book does not help much. In fact I think some fellow sufferers might disagree with much that you will read in this book.
Published on 14 Aug. 2010 by Wingnutrustee

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good recipies, 9 Feb. 2007
K. Forster (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Everyday Diabetic Cookbook (Paperback)

We got the book just after diagnosis and found it very tasty - non diabetic friends enjoy the cakes and meals too without commenting on the reduced sugar and fat etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars diabetes cook book, 1 April 2005
Bob Todd (Gunnislake, Cornwall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Everyday Diabetic Cookbook (Paperback)
Like Ann Burrows I too have found this an excellent book. It is simple to read, explains Diabetes easily, and the menu's are easy to follow. I fully recommend this book to anyone who has a diabetic problem that will help control their condition.

4.0 out of 5 stars average, 11 Oct. 2009
A. Lester - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Everyday Diabetic Cookbook (Paperback)
found this book to be better than a specific type 2 diabetes book butwhy do all recepies have to be for 4 or more people. why if you are on your own do you have to try and calculate reduced measures

5.0 out of 5 stars At Long Last - Food I Can Eat, 7 April 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Everyday Diabetic Cookbook (Paperback)
This book is really good. It offers a wide range of recipes which all the family can eat as well as plenty of good ideas for entertaining. Carbohydrate values are provided for different portion sizes, so its easy to calculate the amount you are eating per meal. Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book hubby loved the recipes, 6 Aug. 2010
This review is from: The Everyday Diabetic Cookbook (Paperback)
Great book they really are everyday recipies, we loved the fish parcels we have only had the book for about 4 weeks and we love it, we have gone from a normal english diet of three veg and meat to well an all round variaty of foods (including the odd cake), although the recipies are meant for more than 2 we just adjust them to suit us reducing the size and weight of everything in the recipie, I recommend this book to someone who is newley diagnosed, everyone tells you what you cannot eat, this book makes you feel as though you can eat (even your old diet) and lets you know that Diabetes it not the end of life............

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Recipes!, 16 Feb. 2009
N. Adams - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Everyday Diabetic Cookbook (Paperback)
My husband was recently diagnosed with diabetes and, although we already have a fairly healthy diet, I hadn't a clue where to begin with regards to what I should and shouldn't be cooking for him. I found the recipes in this book very good and easy to follow. As someone who enjoys cooking it was great to see so many lovely recipes and not lots of boring food, which is what I had expected we would have to start eating!

5.0 out of 5 stars Diabetic Cookbook Review, 25 Jan. 2009
This review is from: The Everyday Diabetic Cookbook (Paperback)
When my husband was diagnosed with diabetes, I needed a starting point to help guide me with the type of meals I should be cooking. This book has been excellent. I have tried many of the recipes already and they have all been successful, tasty and simple to make. And we do not feel like we are eating 'special' meals. We are eating healthily, and not compromising on taste. A great book for anyone who has been newly diagnosed with diabetes and for their family too. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars DIABETIC COOK BOOK, 29 Jun. 2011
This review is from: The Everyday Diabetic Cookbook (Paperback)
I bought this book for my Mum when my Dad was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. She has found it a great help. It gives information about being diabetic which put her mind at rest; she has found some great new ideas from this book, not only for my Dad but for the whole family. Each recipe is broken down with the dietary content so each meal can be monitored so you can be sure that they are low in fat and sugar and really nutritional. The book is supported by the British Diabetic Associate so we know that the information is correct. A very helpful book with great new recipes and a welcome addition to the kitchen cook book collection.

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading advice, 14 Aug. 2010
This review is from: The Everyday Diabetic Cookbook (Paperback)
It is questionable as to whether someone with this condition should continue to eat as much pasta, rice, bread and potatoes as they used to. Some but not all of the recipes in this book rely on some of those.
If you wish to explore the effect eating food as suggested in this book then I recommend using a blood glucose tester afterwards. If your level stays within guidelines for the next couple of hours then you are OK. Otherwise you should avoid such a meals or at least reduce the portions. I am no medico but it works for me and many others. A shame that such advice is not included in every book like this one.
Before I started finding out more about diabetes I would not have believed the controversy that exists between reality and accepted practices. May I suggest you investigate on the web to avail yourself of the store of knowledge on the subject such as in forums like diabetesuk[dot]co[dot]uk? Like me you will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes,I can still eat Cakes & Puddings, 14 Nov. 2010
This review is from: The Everyday Diabetic Cookbook (Paperback)
Everyone with Diabetes type 2 must get this book, I have only used it for making the cakes and puddings, which as a diabetic is practically banned. The recipes are very easy to understand the ingredients are all in the cupboard, and every one I have made came out perfect. Low suger, low fat, hightaste.

I know what I am putting in no hidden nasties, almost forget I am diabetic, all the boys at work love my cakes and say I could open a stall in the market selling them they are so good.

Very please with this book.

The Everyday Diabetic Cookbook
The Everyday Diabetic Cookbook by Stella Bowling (Paperback - 30 Sept. 1995)