4.0 out of 5 stars Works well
Published on 27 April 2009 by archon

3.0 out of 5 stars Neither one thing nor the other...
I was looking for a cheap waterproof notebook, for taking records during expeditions, so bought three different ones from Amazon to compare:

Waterproof Notebook: 4500080 £3.91
Web-tex Waterproof Notepad £4.80
Silvine Waterproof Pocket Notebook £3.49

Published on 18 Feb. 2012 by Mike B.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 27 April 2009
This review is from: Waterproof Notebook: 4500080 (Spiral-bound)
This notebook was smaller than I thought it would be - my fault for not reading the dimensions, really - but apart from that, it does what it says. I initially thought that I would use a Space Pen with it but in practice, I found that a pencil is the ideal implement (and also lets you erase writing if you get to the end, which is useful if you are a prolific jotter and don't want to spend too much).

I bought the notebook because I often come up with ideas whilst in the shower which I forget by the time I've left the bathroom. I've written in it directly underneath the shower with no trouble at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very small, but as described, 25 April 2011
N. Forrest - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waterproof Notebook: 4500080 (Spiral-bound)
I did check the dimensions before buying but was still surprised at how small it it. I think the fact that it doesn't have a solid back adds to the impression of flimsiness, though in fact it will last. I just need to tape a bit of carboard to the back. N.B. it's smaller than A6. Providing you know what you're getting, it's a fairly good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Water proof note book, 3 May 2011
J. Gibson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waterproof Notebook: 4500080 (Spiral-bound)
These were a present for my granddaughter studying marine biology- she is delighted and thinks they are just what she needs for her next field (water?) trip

4.0 out of 5 stars does what you need, 24 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Waterproof Notebook: 4500080 (Spiral-bound)
Yes this is a pretty small notebook (less that A6) but any bigger and it wouldn't fit in a pocket. It is only as waterproof as the ink you're using so best to use pencil. I've dropped it on the sea, a tray of oil, and walked on it when its soaked. I've rubbed each page clean a few times to reuse it and its still in tact. It does what it says on the tin!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Never let another great idea slip away again, 28 Jan. 2010
E. RIVIS (Malton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waterproof Notebook: 4500080 (Spiral-bound)
I'm not quite sure the manufacturers of this great little notebook envisaged it being used in this situation -- (the sales blurb talks about hiking) -- but for me this is a great notebook to have next to the bath!

Maybe it's just me, but how many times have you been relaxing in the bath and all of a sudden had a great idea - only to forget the detail of the idea by the time you get out.

This waterproof notebook is a great thing to have handy when inspiration strikes in the least handy of places. (I read that Richard Branson always keeps a notebook with him at all times - I wonder if he has one like this too?)

The only minor comment is that I wish the back page of the book was made of thick card(board) - that would make it easier to hold and write on. That aside, I highly recommend every entrepreneur and business owner keeps one of these handy. You never know when you'll need it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Neither one thing nor the other..., 18 Feb. 2012
Mike B. (Pembrokeshire, UK) - See all my reviews

Waterproof Notebook: 4500080 £3.91
Web-tex Waterproof Notepad £4.80
Silvine Waterproof Pocket Notebook £3.49

Of the three, this is the only one with the binding down the side, but that's about the only thing that makes it stand out... The construction is solid enough, with good quality spiral binding and pages.

However, the difference in size from the Silvine notebook is insignificant, and it loses out on number of pages and resilience. Compared to the Web-tex product, it is more substantial but the pages are almost half the size.

Overall, whilst a good product in itself, I can find no reason to prefer this over either of the other two.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cadets, 19 July 2012
This review is from: Waterproof Notebook: 4500080 (Spiral-bound)
For the two week summer camp this year we are heading to Wales, no offence, but I think its going to a a fair bit, so instead of having all of my vital notes ruined and having tens of hours of work destroyed this handy little book will be perfect. Shame its not lined though.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok for price, 6 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Waterproof Notebook: 4500080 (Spiral-bound)
Product is ok for the price. It's a little smaller than expected and the paper cover (back and front) means there's nothing really to press against when writing. However, if you just need some cheap paper for outdoor use then it's fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 18 Feb. 2011
David Palmer (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waterproof Notebook: 4500080 (Spiral-bound)
I've now used this notebook on one very wet day in the mountains (I was soaked to the skin) and can confirm that it works really well. Normal paper in the same pocket as the notebook was just a soaked pulp by the end of the day, but the notebook was just like new. My writing in pencil was still fully legible.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for swimmers, 7 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Waterproof Notebook: 4500080 (Spiral-bound)
Great little book - an excellent buy for recording swimming training - very waterproof especially beside the pool. A very good price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Waterproof Notebook: 4500080
Waterproof Notebook: 4500080 by Wiley (Spiral-bound - 22 Dec. 2000)