5.0 out of 5 stars Ab Fab
Published on 23 Sept. 2009 by E. Seaton

2.0 out of 5 stars Patchwork Folk Art
I was quite disappointed with this book, it was not the type of Folk Art I expected and would call it more Naive Art than Folk. I sold it on to a friend the day after it arrived.
Published on 10 Jun. 2012 by Rug rat

5.0 out of 5 stars Ab Fab, 23 Sept. 2009
Absolutely Fabulous. I've seen Janet Bolton's work in other books and it immediately caught my eye as a way of interpreting my daughter's drawings in fabric. I only hope I've got the patience to cope with the turning under of the edges of the applique pieces. I can see myself combining this style with theFree and Easy Stitch Style style that I have just found on Amazon, and have been unwitingly using myself for a while. The colours used in the book are very naive homestyle, making the pictures very easy on the eye. The abstract art style makes one think about the interpretation of the subject. A lovely book that I would totally recommend. I would certainly be interested in looking at Janet's other books on the basis of this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars INSIRING AND ENABLING, 8 April 2011
Jax (Devon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is a lovely book. I wasn't sure what to expect, I bought it because of the author's reputation. The vey best thing about this book is that all the appliques are very niaive which made me feel that I could have a go, and I have. It allowed me to understand that I didn't have to be the worlds best artist, or that I had to produce something very formal looking in order to produce something that I was happy with. We can all produce something in this folksy style, which I love anyway. Very good buy for me as it has helped me move on with my needlework. Thanks Ms Bolton.

It's also a very nice book to just drool over.

5.0 out of 5 stars my favourite textile artist!, 8 Feb. 2011
A comprehensive look at Janet Bolton's work - many lovely illustrations and with helpful practical notes. Have been a fan for years and have it in hardback. If the house caught fire & I was allowed only the books I could carry, this would be one of them - and I have MANY books!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspiring book, 19 Mar. 2010
I purchased this book when it first came out in hardback. I am delighted it has been reprinted. I have just ordered a copy as a present for my daughter as we spent the day recently with Janet Bolton in one of her delightful workshops. This book inspires as well as gives all the instuction you could want to make your own very special pictures in fabric. If you get a chance, go on one of Janet s workshops, a magical day.

5.0 out of 5 stars PATCHWORK FOLK ART - JANET BOLTON, 6 Nov. 2011
A VERY NICE BOOK AND THE AUTHOR'S WORK IS LOVELY, VERY INTERESTING, BUT NO PATTERNS TO MAKE OR COPY THE WORK, YOU WOULDHAVE TO USE YOUR OWN DEVICES!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylised folk Art, 6 Sept. 2013
Janet Bolton has developed her own unique interpretation of Folk Art applique. This step by step instuction book generously enables the reader to replicate her beautiful designs. More importantly Janet encourages individual exploration, whilst giving the knowledge needed to execute a finished textile artwork. All this with a gallery of prints of Janet's work. A bargain not to be missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Janet Bolton's Patchwork Folk Art, 8 Sept. 2009
I bought this book for my daughter, currently studying Textiles at school, and it is very good indeed. There are a lot of coloured pictures of the author's lovely work and good explanations of how the pictures are created, so one can easily adapt to do one's own or follow her instructions and produce a clone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 Aug. 2014
Amazing service quality product. Can't believe my luck in finding this book intact. Will defo use again.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful book, 13 Oct. 2011
This is a beautiful book. Lots of ideas which are very artistic. These designs are rustic, simple, effective and use quite simple techniques that even a novice can manage.The ideas are inspirational and achievable. I love the fabric chosen and presentation of the completed work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book., 20 May 2012
You will Love this book. It is so inspiring and full of information. It takes you from fabrics and foundation to cutting shapes , composition, drawing with your needle, added objects and so much more. I can't wait to get started.

Patchwork Folk Art: Using Applique and Quilting Techniques
Patchwork Folk Art: Using Applique and Quilting Techniques by Janet Bolton (Hardcover - 15 Sept. 1995)
Used & New from: £16.44