4.0 out of 5 stars All the Promotion Scottish Grannies Will Ever Need, 17 Jan 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Haud Yer Wheesht!: Your Scottish Granny's Favourite Sayings (Paperback)
Another very enjoyable volume by Allan Morrison. If you are familiar with his unique brand of wit and wisdom, you will not be disappointed. A whole lots of smiles packed between two covers. Makes me sad my own Scottish Grannie passed away before I could meet her but, with the examples in this book, I can imagine her in full verbal swing & vivid detail.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMUSING BOOK FOR A SCOTTISH FRIEND., 18 Jan 2013
I ONLY KNOW THAT MY SCOTTISH FRIEND LOVED THIS BOOK WHICH I GAVE HER FOR CHRISTMAS.I HAVE NOT READ IT MYSELF.

5.0 out of 5 stars whits tae say, 19 Nov 2011
jings a wee book thattells ye whits bin said in scots,auld words that wouldnt go amiss in these days of foul language ,i even here the b word on cartoons lol nah gies ma ain language oany day

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing, 7 Jun 2010
I bought this book for my Scottish partner and also out of curiosity as he is always saying 'wheesht' to me. Up till I read the book I used to think it was a word he made up. This book is very funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
James R. Parker "jasparker" (PlaŁen - Germany today) - See all my reviews
Great book - must read for Scots.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT BOOK, 29 Mar 2014
THE FUNNIEST BOOK I HAVE READ FOR A LONG TIME IT TAKES MY BACK MY CHILDHOOD AND LISTENING TO MY GRANDMOTHER I WILL TREASURE IT

4.0 out of 5 stars Och Och Anee, 14 Feb 2014
John Mackay (Wolverhampton UK) - See all my reviews
My Granny died in '50 and I left Bute in '46 so I have to work on keeping my accent and vocabulary. Itt managed for my Burn's Nicht Address last month but I needed reinforcement. This wee book did the trick and I even learned what Ochanee meant. How did Burns write the Address without an 'OCH' ? 'O' canny be richt so I think it was changed for a foreign audiences - like Edinburgh folk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have a laugh., 31 Dec 2009
Mrs. Ruth Wyse (Scotland) - See all my reviews
We have had some good laughs with this book, some my granny hasn't used but loads that she has, buy this book to bring back scottish sayings.

4.0 out of 5 stars Haud Yer Wheesht, 15 Nov 2010
M. Brown "Maggiebee" (UK) - See all my reviews
Small book ideal for a stocking filler. Had a good laugh over the sayings of my mum that I hadn't heard in years. Grandchildren now going around repeating them!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My granny loves it., 2 Aug 2014
She's dead.

Haud Yer Wheesht!: Your Scottish Granny's Favourite Sayings
Haud Yer Wheesht!: Your Scottish Granny's Favourite Sayings by Allan Morrison (Paperback - 3 Jan 1998)