5.0 out of 5 stars The Only Cookbook You'll Ever Need..., 29 Oct 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Glasgow Greens (Paperback)
You might have to hunt for this one on a bookshelf - small, paperback & unassuming - but once you do, it will become indispensable. It's the kind of book you buy for all your friends as soon as you've cooked from it.No colour photos - just pen & ink drawings - and brief anecdotes about restaurants & markets in Glasgow, this is a collection of recipes to tempt anyone, vegetarian or not. Spinach & Lentil Soup with lemon & rosemary, Goat's Cheese & Potato Galette, the most sustaining minestrone on earth, & more polenta recipes than you'd have thought possible. Just try the cornbread!Using easily available ingredients, with the emphasis on fresh vegetables & herbs, there are dishes for every season, for snacking at home or grand dinner parties, & for even the fussiest of eaters.Go, buy, cook, enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Foolproof, delicious food, 31 Mar 2008
Liz Hogg (North East England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Glasgow Greens (Paperback)
I first came across this book when a friend cooked a meal under the impression that our daughters were vegetarian. They aren't - we aren't - but we were hooked and I immediately bought Glasgow Greens on the internet.
I endorse what the other two reviewers have said - the food is wonderfully fresh, fragrant and tasty and the recipes REALLY DO WORK - every time. How often can you say that? All the work has been done for you and the resultant mix and balance of ingredients is spot on.
I have shelfloads of cookery books, but I turn to Glasgow Greens on so many occasions because I can be certain that what I cook will look good, smell delicious and taste even better.
Kathryn - if you ever read this - thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Vegetarian's dinner party bible!!!, 3 Feb 2003
Rebecca Taylor (Brussels, Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Glasgow Greens (Paperback)
I received this book 3 years ago as a christmas present and can honestly say it's the best veggie cookbook I've ever had. There are some good traditional recipes like gratin dauphinois, guacamole, & a fresh tomato and basil sauce for pasta and many more adventurous ones too. I've used recipes from the book for numerous dinner parties for non-veggie friends and none of them ever complained of missing meat. Every single recipe I've tried (still haven't done them all) has turned out fantastic. Even if you're not a vegetarian, I would recommend this book because the food always turns out delicious!!!

Glasgow Greens
Glasgow Greens by Kathryn Hamilton (Paperback - 13 Oct 1994)
Used & New from: £13.99