5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I've ever bought
Published on 26 Jan. 2011 by Phaedra

Its ok but not brilliant..helpfull to a degree but diidnt really change my life,bit hard to follow really...but sure usefull for some..some good bits..but not as good as lynda field..no where near
Published 7 months ago by Edwin Romilly

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I've ever bought, 26 Jan. 2011
This review is from: I Want to Change My Life: How to Overcome Anxiety, Depression and Addiction (Paperback)
I'm really glad I bought this book. It's comprehensively written, factual but is also easy to read and, at times, entertaining. It is full of practical tips on how to change your life and if anyone is interested in using Mind Body Relaxation and/or Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to combat stress and tension then this is the book for them. You don't need to be suffering from anxiety, depression or addiction to benefit from this book. It's for anyone who needs help to relax.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helped me in a particularly anxious moment, 19 May 2014
I have always been an anxious person. People know me as a 'worrier'. I constantly think about things from the past, the future, possible situations, possible difficulties, etc. And while doing this might help me prevent certain unwanted situations, it also leaves me in a paranoid stare unable to enjoy the present.

A couple of months ago there was one particular issue that was on my mind 24/7. It was just a worry, unfounded. I had been to the doctor, and been told not to worry on more than one occasion, yet I couldn't stop worrying. It was my last term at university and things were increasingly rough.

After looking at books on anxiety on amazon this one caught my eye, and I'm glad I decided to buy it! Some of the advice given may seem like common sense, but it is common sense I was lacking or overlooking. I successfully integrated some of the advice into my daily life and things have improved greatly. I continue to look back at the book just to keep reminding myself of these things.

Definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent no nonsence advice!, 10 May 2013
Having read many many books around the subject of depression/stress/anxiety & addiction, this book is by far the best & strips the subject down to the important nut & bolts of how you can help yourself without all the fancy/expensive tecniques.

5.0 out of 5 stars ADDICTIVE CHARACTER - FOR ANYTHING? NOT JUST DRUGS? GET THIS. Saved my life, literally., 4 Feb. 2015
For those with depression. Those with obssessive characters. Those recovering addicts. And you know, even those who simply want to retrain their brain to make them more pragmatic, positive and constructive characters. personally, "someone i know" recovering from tragic addiction has pretty much re-aligned his brain on the back of this book, especially with techniques to relax. Something one will suggest "huh, how to relax! That's easy" - well, learn how to do it PROPERLY, then reassess.

5.0 out of 5 stars The single best book I've read on mental health recovery, 22 Jun. 2015
The single best book I've read on mental health recovery. Written in short sections and straightforward language that is memorable and easy to absorb. More importantly, it focussess on practical techniques that can be put into action straight away.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok but not brilliant.. helpfull to a degree but diidnt really ..., 18 Nov. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Easily Understood, 5 Feb. 2012
Very good book. Gives reasons for anxiety and addiction, and then tells you ways of overcoming these problems. At all times there is a common sense approach. Well written and easily understood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Says what it does on the cover!, 23 April 2014
Great read, I'd recommend to anyone needing help to quit anything!
Well written, and in simple everyday language. I'd recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A marvelous book, 7 Jun. 2013
J. R. Thomas (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a book that is easy to read and take in. I really enjoyed reading it and wouldhave no hesitation in recomending it

5.0 out of 5 stars ., 13 Aug. 2013
This book is a great help for me,the best I have ever read on the subject it deals with, 10 out of 10 for me.

I Want to Change My Life: How to Overcome Anxiety, Depression and Addiction