5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, inspiring, down-to-earth, readable.....super
A book full of common sense! Very simple, easily understandable philosophy for disciplining children, and lots and lots of ways in which you can put the philosophy into practice. Coloroso writes from expertise & experience and it shows.
Published on 5 Oct. 1999 by Deborah Lam

1.0 out of 5 stars Contrived, Incomplete and Speculative
Published on 13 July 2001 by Derrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, inspiring, down-to-earth, readable.....super, 5 Oct. 1999
Deborah Lam (Lisburn, County Antrim Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kids are Worth it! (Paperback)
If you want to raise good, independent but cooperative children, have good discipline in your home without resorting to all the behaviours you said (before giving birth) that you'd never use, then buy this book. I have read it at least five times, and every time I find something relevant to the ages of my children. There is a lot in the book for parents of older kids (teens and pre-teens), but I have also found masses of helpful and thought-provoking advice which I have already used for my own children, all under 5 years.
I can't recommend this book too highly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Concrete help, 13 Nov. 2010
I read this when my daughter was 4. She is now 17 and I have a 15 year old son. I can honestly say that this book was a concrete long term help to me in raising my kids. I only read it once, and ganced at it a couple of times, but the ideas in here were an absolute turning point for me in my parenting. I have long thought I should write and thank the author.

I would recommend it to anyone with kids, especially those who want positive practical advice on how to turn their child's independent energy into something positive which encourages personal growth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book for anyone who wants to respect their kids., 11 July 2011
I. Kjaer (Essex - UK) - See all my reviews
If the whole supernanny thing is not working for you, then this book might be the anwser for you to learn how to interact better with your kids in a honest and respectful way... I have read most of it now, and although I every now and again still do the 'wrong things' I am on a better and calmer path!!!!!!!!! The general ethos of the book is 'dont do anything to your kids that you would not like done to you'. Well written!

1.0 out of 5 stars Contrived, Incomplete and Speculative, 13 July 2001
Derrick (Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kids are Worth it! (Paperback)
I have read several parenting books all of which are at least twice as comprehensive and much better organised. This book is unnecessarily long and goes into excessive detail on how to handle the symptoms of problems without getting to the cause or cure. Some ideas sound good at first but soon get mired down by assumptions, opinion and unrealistic or inappropriate examples. To see the possible outcome of these "positive" tecniques read the book "The Manipulative child" which is based on observed results not philosophy. I also strongly recommend the book "Ain't Misbehavin" which is guaranteed to improve your management style and make your kids happier and confident. Your kids are worth it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 17 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Kids Are Worth It!: Giving Your Child the Gift of Inner Discipline (Paperback)
I found this book helpful but I'm finding being a busy mum of three very challenging. I like to re-read parts of this book as it has helped me.

5.0 out of 5 stars parenting guru, 20 Jan. 2014
Toby F (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
I love this woman - such good ideas and very practical tips. I really like that she encourages you to take what works with your own ethics.

Kids Are Worth It!: Giving Your Child the Gift of Inner Discipline
Kids Are Worth It!: Giving Your Child the Gift of Inner Discipline by Barbara Coloroso (Paperback - 1 Feb. 1998)
Used & New from: £0.11