1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Synopsis says it all, 9 Oct 2008
Mr. S. Payne (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reflections from Earth Orbit (Apogee Books Space) (Paperback)
When I was on holiday with my family in Florida, we visited the Kennedy Space Centre at Cape Canaveral. In the shop was Captain Winston Scott signing copies of his book. Which is where I bought my copy. I knew nothing about him at the time, but first impressions were of an intelligent and engaging man. The book is paperback and A4 size with many colour pictures. I just wish I had read the book before I met him, as I would have had better questions to ask him at the time.

The book jumps between his two space shuttle missions and his past which is ok, but I prefer to be able to read all about the missions in one go. And not have to wait for the anecdote to complete before we return to the mission. Overall a worthwhile read if a little short.

Captain Scott's life has indeed been interesting and flying Tomcats for the US navy sounded great. He is a good example of you never stop learning in life. I am glad to have read his book, and met him briefly. There is a large picture of him in the science museum in London in the space exhibit. When I pointed this out to my children they didn't even remember him. Obviously Mickey Mouse made a greater impression. Sad as the Kennedy Space Centre was the best part of the holiday for me.

Reflections from Earth Orbit (Apogee Books Space)
Reflections from Earth Orbit (Apogee Books Space) by Captain Winston E Scott (Paperback - 1 May 2005)