on 6 July 2001
This is my first book review as I have never previously felt compelled to share my opinion with everyone, but.....
I bought this book to accompany my girlfriend and I on our trip to the BVI. We had been recommended to go to the Cane Garden Beach area and I thought I would buy a book, read about the area, take a look at some pictures and find a few 'areas of outstanding natural beauty' for day trips. To my surprise a book about one of the most eye-catching locations on earth had....
NOT ONE PHOTOGRAPH!!
Do not buy this book unless you want some really useless basic information, line drawings and a VERY American bias.
I can not compare to another book as this is the only one I have to date. But, I can say I have found better information on the web (FREE! and with great pictures) and spoke to more useful people on the travel talk online bulletin board.
Holiday mistake number 1: Bought this book.
Holiday mistake number 2: Threw away the receipt and packaging so I have to keep it
I'm off now to see what I can get for it in the auction.
on 11 March 2011
i cannot provide a personal opinion on this book as it was chosen as a gift. However, my recipient was delighted with this copy of the British Virgin Islands edition and, apparently, it arrived within a very short time of my ordering it.
on 18 February 2015
good
on 31 October 1998
This book is full of useful information on where to go, what to do, etc. in a very readable well organized format. It's like having a resident friend tell you all about your options.