5.0 out of 5 stars A Conspiracy of Cosmic Proportions., 16 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Ezekiel One (Paperback)
This first novel by Andy Lloyd is a brilliant opening into the genre of World shattering conspiracy thrillers. He take the ideas from his Non - fiction theories and develops them into a well paced thriller, which twists and turns through revelation after revelation, pulling the reader deeper into the plot. The last three chapters take it to a level that is unexpected and the book is 'un-put-downable' at this point. A great deal of research has obviously gone into the book. The science is explained in laymans terms and easily followed.
Just to hint at what this novel explores.. A New Hidden planet,An Ancient Mayan calendar,A secret world government, Hidden spacecraft and enough action and puzzle solving to put him into the same category as Dan Brown.

This is the first of a trilogy and i can't wait for the next instalment.

Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Conspiracy theory at its best, 8 Jan. 2009
Peter Scott (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ezekiel One (Paperback)
This book is conspiracy theory at its best. Danger and terror lie around every corner, giving the novel a strong feeling of paranoia. The quick pace of action keeps things going as the author develops his ideas about Planet X. They're pretty strange.

I read Lloyd's first book "Dark Star" a few years ago. He's got some great ideas, but I found Dark Star a tough read in places. "Ezekiel One" is a lot more entertaining, and full of conspiracy ideas about NASA and the government. I liked the characters in it, especially the Russian billionaire who runs the newspaper. The details about some of the places in the book, like Paris, or the parliament building in London, are good too - it feels like you're really there.

The ending was unexpected - it goes right off the deep-end in the last couple of chapters. But I won't spoil it for you! Let's just say it looks like there's room for a sequel or two. Maybe even a movie?

5.0 out of 5 stars Edge of your seat thriller, 19 Feb. 2009
Ms. C. A. Halford (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ezekiel One (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book - it's a fast-paced detective thriller, and I got through it in a couple of days. My partner recommended it to me, as he's a big fan of the author's first, fact-based book about the possibility of life on other planets (Dark Star). I'm more of a fiction lover, so Ezekiel One was much more my kind of thing. The story kicks off straight away, and makes it easy for anyone to get into - it's a real page-turner. And it contains enough snippets about NASA and conspiracy theories to make you want to read Dark Star. The descriptive language and the locations really set a dark scene - quite Da Vinci Code-esque. I hope he does a sequel! Definitely recommended for anyone who loves getting lost in a good story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intelligent and thought-provoking, 17 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Ezekiel One (Paperback)
To describe "Ezekiel One" simply as a thriller doesn't really do it the justice it deserves. Ostensibly we are taken on a journey of discovery, to unravel what appears to be an ever-deepening conspiracy; however, the search for the truth soon becomes clouded by the paranoid fears (or are they?) of Bill Bainbridge, a restaurant critic who finds himself in the role of investigative-journalist as we are propelled into this coruscating and intelligent story.

On one level, the novel's complex plot twists and turns in gut-wrenching directions, with a casual attention to detail, its fast-pace and natural dialogue reflects the depth and intensity of its main characters.

On another level, this journey may be more important that its destination, as Lloyd uses this seemingly fictional account to bring his Planet-X ideas to a wider audience; which he achieves in a fascinating and thought-provoking way.

However, to compare it with "The Da Vinci Code" is perhaps like describing "Ezekiel One" as a thriller; genuinely unique, the author borrows only from his own earlier works, perhaps tipping the gentlest of knowing winks to its genre before leaping into an altogether different genre as we reach the epilogue. Here, Lloyd takes his readers in a new direction, as we're poised for yet another journey - a rather different voyage this time, setting the scene for a well anticipated sequel, with new and perhaps more vulnerable characters.

On reflection, it's hard to compare this with anything else I've read recently, but I was reminded perhaps of "The Magus" for its depth and intelligence; and "Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow," for its perfectly crafted characters, beautiful narrative and unique plot. Incidentally, all of which left me with a curious sense of loss and longing when I finished reading them. I only hope we don't have to wait for too long for a sequel.

Incidentally, "Ezekiel One" was penned over a year ago and although set in the near-future, in 2012, the narrative casually paints in references to contemporary events before they actually happened earlier this year(!) including a "fictional" Russian energy magnate taking control of a well-known London newspaper, and "defunct" satellites crashing out of orbit - I'm left wondering what else could be true - I wonder if Andy Lloyd is actually his real name?! I also wonder if spies really do exchange coded messages through online book reviews, as I have heard; or am I too becoming paranoid now?

5.0 out of 5 stars Supersonically Spectacular !, 27 May 2010
This review is from: Ezekiel One (Paperback)
WOW! This is no small first step into fiction, but a giant leap towards a successful thriller writing career in this genre and possibly others connected to it by this new author. Other reviewers below are accurate in their sentiments and assessments so I will not waste time with repetition.

There is ample material here for a sequel or a movie, which according to an interview I saw on Youtube by the author is a possibility.

I wish I had heard about this book when it was first published, as it answers through its use of facts, many of the aspects of several upcoming events, potential and real as well as some events in the Old Testament. At 205 pages it was for me quite a quick read and I was sorry when it ended. I finished reading it on the very day that the new NASA HTV-2 Falcon hypersonic mach 20 space plane disappeared, and write this on the day that the secret NASA X-37B was spotted by amateur skywatchers!

Will order other books by this author.

RECOMMENDED.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 28 Feb. 2009
M. Daw (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ezekiel One (Paperback)
Ezekiel One is a fast-paced conspiracy thriller with science fiction undertones. It's well-written, has a compelling plot and has well-rounded, sympathetic characters. All in all, a great read that outsmarts (but is probably destined not to outsell) Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code, with which it shares a genre (a fact that Andy acknowledges with a little nod halfway through the book). A small complaint is the rather strange overuse of commas coupled with the consistent misspelling of `complementary'. But never mind the pedantry - that can be fixed in the second edition! Or even the sequel - Ezekiel Two, anyone?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 9 April 2009
Mr. G. S. Davies (Cardiff, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ezekiel One (Paperback)
I liked the book. Fast paced sci-fi thriller with a nod current emerging poice state and reality of media control in the UK. Will definately read the follow up books when they emerge.

Ezekiel One
Ezekiel One by Andy Lloyd (Paperback - 9 Dec. 2008)