5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent guide
We recently returned from Marrakech and used this book to explore the medina and its shops. We found some exciting little places and enjoyed the routes as they offered additional sightseeing and exploration that normally wouldn't be included in a guidebook. As most of the fun is in the journey and not the just arrival, it was an ideal companion to our fun.

If...
Published on 15 Dec. 2009 by NPM

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book but didn't come up to expectations
Published on 24 May 2010 by E. Webster

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent guide, 15 Dec. 2009
NPM (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shopping in Marrakech (Paperback)

If anything, the maps need a little more detail in street names (surrounding streets for reference) as it got a little confusing at times. We supplemented with another map though. It would also help in getting directions to Sidi Ghanem (outside the medina) by independent means. We hired a scooter (highly recommended) and couldn't find where to go once in the area so gave up as it was close to the shops' lunchtime closing.

However, this isn't enough to knock this book as it provided us with everything we wanted. As testament to the book's quality, I lent it to two other couples who stayed in the riad (we'd finished 6 out of 7 walks) and they thought it was great too. Also, our riad owner asked if he could buy it off me but instead we gave it to him as a gift. We'll likely buy another copy for our bookshelf and our anticipated return to amazing Marrakech.

Thanks Susan.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book but didn't come up to expectations, 24 May 2010
E. Webster (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shopping in Marrakech (Paperback)
I had read the reviews and thought this book would give a totally different perspective to Marrakesh than the usual travel books. It has some lovely photographs and we did go to a few of the recommendations but I think I would have used it more if it had been indexed - the only way to find what you want is to look through each page, by which time you have become confused! The book is also quite heavy to carry around. Overall, it's nice to see Marrakesh through the eys of a shopper and I liked the food tips but it fell some way short of expectations. The book I valued to enhance my experience of Marrakesh was Frommer's Marrakech Day by Day (Frommer's Day by Day - Pocket) guide and the The Rough Guide Map Marrakeshwas invaluable.

5.0 out of 5 stars A shopaholic's compendium, 14 Aug. 2010
S. Freeman "Sally Freeman" (Sheffield South Yorks) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shopping in Marrakech (Paperback)
Used this on my recent trip to Marrakech and not only did it give some wonderful highlights to explore, but pointed us in the right direction for delicious hidden food spots too (Cafe des Epices and Patisserie des Princes to name but two). We didn't spend all of our time shopping but used the book to guide us on some walking tours which were great. It takes you safely off the beaten track and to places you might not venture but trust the book and you will find some hidden gems which otherwise you might miss. Don't go to Marrakech without this and the Rough Guide map [ASIN:184353360X The Rough Guide Map Marrakesh]]and then fill your purse and go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't leave home without it, 16 Mar. 2010
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Shopping in Marrakech (Paperback)
If I were to sum up this book, and several others from the same publisher, in just one sentence, it woild be - 'Don't leave home without it!'

If you have not been to Marrakech, the colours in this book make you long for a trip. If you have been without this little book, you have no doubt missed out on many things. Pocket-sized, brimming with information Useful and attractive. The shops are arranged in walks, the addresses, telephone numbers and opening hours are given. It's a shop 'til you drop book filled with fascinating boutiques - a gift hunter's paradise. This is a great little book; I'll never let mine out of my sight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Little Guide to Marrakech Ever!!, 28 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Shopping in Marrakech (Paperback)
My daughter and I purchased this book to take with us on a "shopping & sunshine" holiday to Marrakech. It was small enough to keep in my handbag as we walked around the Souks, and packed full of information about all the shops, sellers, where to find each shop, and whether or not they took cash, or cards etc. It has suggested "walk routes" around the shops and souks. In a word BRILLIANT!

1.0 out of 5 stars out of date!, 21 Nov. 2010
Julia McKeivor (Chilcompton, Radstock United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shopping in Marrakech (Paperback)
Nice book - beautiful images but many of the places we wanted to visit and made a huge effort to get to no longer existed, which was so frustrating. I cannot advise anybody buys this book.Shopping in Marrakech by Susan Simon, Nally Bellati

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful guide to the souks, 10 May 2010
Tom (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shopping in Marrakech (Paperback)
Just back from Marrakech and this book was a great insight into the souks, and a really useful tool to find your way around. Although the maps arent labelled very well they are the most accurate of any of the tourist maps and made it very easy to navigate the windy streets.

Shame it couldnt stop the volcanic ash but you cant have everything i suppose!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Marrakech must-have, 9 Nov. 2009
V. Dunn (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shopping in Marrakech (Paperback)
I have visited Marrakech three times in the past and never yet found the really interesting shops full of treasures. But on my most recent visit, this book made shopping a cinch. Follow the maps and descriptions and you will find some wonderful shops and delightful workmanship. A really fantastic book, worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super!, 2 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Shopping in Marrakech (Paperback)
I was delighted with this book. It is certainly worth its weight in gold. There is a collection of routes which take you round all the great boutiques and stalls in Marrakech. It is also a great size, making it perfect to carry round with you. Shame it is out of print now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 April 2010
R. J. Donelan "Fatbobslim" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shopping in Marrakech (Paperback)
Fantastic book with excellent routes and very helpful maps.
The best compliment for this book is that most of the market stall owners we went to, using your book, knew of the book.
Really helpful and highly recommended.

Shopping in Marrakech
Shopping in Marrakech by Susan Simon (Paperback - 11 Jun. 2009)
Used & New from: £43.00