4.0 out of 5 stars A spodge of touching, a dash of strange, and a pinch of WFT?, 13 April 2009
S. Parker "miss-sunny-dale" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Will You Still Love Me If I Wet The Bed? (Paperback)
I bought this book on a whim.
Just one of those random buys where you throw it in your basket just because.
I'm glad I did. It's a sweet book showing a relationship which is beautiful in it's openness and quirky behaviours.
I read it and immediately passed it on for a friend to read. It's hard describe the almost scribbled drawings, or the strange way the couple converse. But it's hard not to fall in love with them. I know this isn't a helpful review but I hope it's enough to make you buy this gorgeous book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable., 7 May 2012
This review is from: Will You Still Love Me If I Wet The Bed? (Paperback)
This is a series of short, self-contained vignettes that only last a few panels. It reminds me of the old "Love is..." comic strips but updated for a contemporary, adult audience.

The art is a black and white doodles, more advanced than stick men, but not approaching realistic. It is consistent and the characters are well defined and recognisable. You can still see the preliminary pencil marks under the inking which I think adds to the authenticity and honesty of the work.

This a basically a scrapbook of all the stupid, crazy, wacky, zany nonsense that couples in love say to each other that only really makes sense to them. The kind of brilliant flashes of genius you wish you would write down at the time but later forget. In small doses they are sweet and endearing but a whole book can be a bit sickly for one sitting.

This is certainly different and a very good use of the comic medium. I am not convinced it would get read too often but would make an ideal stocking filler when you are done. Very enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 27 Oct 2011
This review is from: Will You Still Love Me If I Wet The Bed? (Paperback)
After just recently getting into autobio comics I saw Liz Prince as a recommended artist and decided to give one of her books a try. Her art is full of character and meshes so well with the utterly weird subject matter of her life. There were a lot of things I felt I could relate to and it was just generally a really good read. I hope to buy more from her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, I will. I definitely will., 18 Feb 2010
Kari Skålbones "Keowyn" (Norway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Will You Still Love Me If I Wet The Bed? (Paperback)
This little gem of a comic definitely caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting to get blown away in the way I did, mostly because I purchased the book because of the peculiar and unusual title of it. While reading it I realized I was on to something though, and I am now proud to have it in my collection.

Will You Still Love Me If I Wet The Bed?
Will You Still Love Me If I Wet The Bed? by Liz Prince (Paperback - 18 Oct 2005)