on 30 December 2007
When a knew the diagnosis of my son I didn't wanted to read a book about chromosomes and the health problems that he can have. In that moment I just needed a book that give me hope and understanding.
To read these histories full of love and courage made me undertand that we are not alone, that there is hope and that me son is going to bring a lot of joy to our lives.
I recommend this book to every parent of a child with disability, no just with Down's Syndrome and I think it is the first book that every parent should read.
on 9 July 2009
Echoing previous reviewers, as a new parent of a child with DS, I was sick of the parent handbooks, the lists of characteristics and everything that can go wrong. This book looked different from the others and it provided exactly what I was looking for. Multiple accounts of persons who had stood in my shoes and had wonderful things to say. Highly recommended for new parents of children with DS and their friends/family.
on 19 February 2010
We were bought this book by a friend days after our little girl was born with Down's Syndrome. It is just what you want to read, very heart warming with lovely inspiring stories. Each of the children are shown as individuals and you can empathise with the reactions of the mothers at the birth of their children and the often medical experiences they have that come with the diagnosis. The photos of each of the children show them as individuals which gives you hope as a parent. A wonderful book and a great help.
on 3 July 2009
We bought this shortly after our little girl was unexpectedly born with down syndrome, it was a fantastic companion to have in the early weeks and felt like having friendly support from all of the mothers who had contributed. I would highly recommend!!
on 21 June 2012
I bought this book as a gift for my cousin-in-law and his wife who have recently given birth to a beautiful baby boy with Down's Syndrome. I hoped that it would help them to make sense of things and give them a clear and honest view of what the future might hold for their new family. Just twenty-four hours after I gave it to him, my cousin-in-law told me that it was the best book he had read yet on the theme, and that it had been a huge comfort and inspiration.
on 15 June 2013
this book is a gift in its own right. helped me so much in such difficult times, and will hold onto it so i can refer to it during trying times. A must have for parents of children with down syndrome.
on 23 September 2008
9 months into our adventure i bought this book and love it. Like a previous reviewer i didn't want to read anything - i just wanted to be him mammy and mother him. This book would have been perfect at the early stages, now or in the future.
It's like reading letters from friends who you know understand a part of you know one else knows about.

Buy it - or give to to your friend who has a baby with downs.
on 12 August 2011
I read this book when I was pregnant with my daughter, after I found out she had Down Syndrome. It gave me a lot of hope that things would be ok when she was born. Some stories are slightly theatrical, being an American book! But most are honest and reassuring and exactly what I needed to hear with a pre natal diagnosis.
on 18 October 2013
The story's are lovely and really helped me with my babies diagnosis of Down syndrome. I will always refer back to the book as the story's are so positive and uplifting. Would definitely recommend.