on 29 July 2014
Not sure if this was what I expected. Feel in retrospect that talking to people in real life or online may have given me pretty much the same information (for free). Common sense advice, but probably mostly for "first time" or "second time" buyers
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 17 April 2012
I have recently purchased, from Amazon,a book on Violins.Edited by Megan Westberg.The book is called, Your Dream Instrument.An Insiders Guide to Buying Violins,Violas,Cellos,Basses & Bows.
I am 65yrs young!&,a lover of music, playing stringed instruments, in a band for 28 years.
I have always held a facination for the violin, but never got around to learning to play one until now.Needless to say I found it a mine field of pits & falls.
I searched the web forums, which was a help,but I was getting confused by idiots professing to be the answer to the modern peoples Antonio Stradivai.Then a stroke of luck,I found the book. YOUR DREAM INSTRUMENT.By Megan Westberg. This is a fantastic book that anyone starting out MUST HAVE.It has been an absolute field of information for me,putting me on the right track. I never thought that I would ever play the violin. Thanks to this book in my library,I am now doing just that.
My greatfull thanks to all who put the book together,100% spot on.

David Thorne
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again