Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Shop now

on 20 July 2011
I have only recently discovered Ted Andrews work but have to say I am very glad I did, but was quite sad to hear he has passed to the spirit world. This is a wonderful book and one you won't be able to put down, I read the whole thing within a matter of days. A sort of autobiography and guidebook rolled into one many fasinating subjects are covered such as spirits, guides, elementals, nature spirits, working with animal totems and spirit guides and animals in general.

Ted seeks to dispel myths about certain areas of spirituality and I believe he truly was the first authur to present much of the information concerning animal totems, spiritguides, messages, signs and omens to the public through his own amazing gifts and life experineces and not by "borrowing" the information from other authors as he briefly hints at in this book, as many other authors on the subject have done. You will find If you look in many other books on the same subject there will nearly always be Ted's work listed in the bibliography.

This book had the effect of making me fee like a child again filled with the wonder and excitment of life and brought back many happy memories from my own childhood. I believe Ted must of known his days were coming to an end as he wrote this book only a few years earlier but I am very glad he did and hope more people will read it and review it positively as I have done.

Although I suggest you do not purchasing it from gb_books_uk as they sent me an unedited version of the book with numerous spelling mistakes and repeated sentences for a very expensive price! I was not impressed but didn't let it spoil the book for me.
on 12 July 2013
I have given this book 2 stars because, although the author is clearly a knowledgeable and ethical man, I bought the book for the sole purpose of learning more about ancestor spirits (mentioned in the title) but shockingly there is absolutely nothing in this book about them. I have been searching for a book for a long time about ancestor/familial spirits (and if anyone knows of one I'd be very grateful if they could tell me) so obviously I was pleased when I came across the title of this one. Because of its title, I duly expected that a reasonable part of the book would be taken up with the topic of ancestor/family spirits - perhaps 20-30% (with animals and angels making up the rest). However imagine my complete shock when it arrived and I looked through it. No mention of ancestors in any chapter headings, no mention of ancestors in the index at the back - in fact no mention of them anywhere (apart from one short sentence where the author said his grandfather used to speak to his dead brothers/sisters). It just makes me so angry that the title and content don't match up and I wonder why the publisher has allowed the author to do this - it is a huge oversight. If I'd seen the book in a store, it would have been left firmly on the shelf.

Despite its title (mentioning animals, angels and ancestors) this book is just a hotch potch of various things to do with spirit - ranging from power animals, signs/omens, various goddesses, death and an awful lot on nature spirits i.e. faeries/elves/goblins etc. I am interested in power animals and I already have a number of books on them - so the pieces in this book didn't really add anything to what I was already aware of. Sadly an awful lot in this book didn't particularly interest me. Perhaps it was just because I was just so disheartened and deceived after finding out that what I'd bought the book for (ancestors) wasn't in there at all. In addition, I wasn't overly impressed with the layout either. There are chapters on specific topics but sometimes it just randomly hops around (e.g. you get a snippet of info about an Egyptian goddess in another section) - for some reason the book just didn't hang together very well. The only person it may be of use to is someone who is interested in finding out more about spirit and just wants an overall view. As I've mentioned before, although I believe the title is very duplicitous regarding the book's content, I gave it 2 stars as I did come across 1 or 2 nuggets of interesting information - particularly about being very careful when using psychics. Having been aware of various experiences of psychics (who are either hopeless at predictions and/or hopeless at communicating with clients) it was refreshing at least to read his views on them - particularly as it's very much a case of "buyer beware" when using them but sadly it's the clients who have to deal with the disappointment and fallout when the psychics' predictions/pronouncements either don't materialise or turn out to be horribly wrong.

However, apart from the odd snippets of information, this book for me was a real waste of money.
on 11 February 2015