Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 January 2010
Thich Nhat Hanh has long been one fo my favourite Buddhist masters, even more - spiritual guides helping me find my way through life.

This book is aimed at children and I bought it when my daughter started asking me questions about what I exactly do when I meditate, and asked if we could meditate together.

As other books by Thich Nhat Hanh, it represents a simple and non-sectarian approach, which makes it appropriate for Buddhists of all denominations, in fact for all people, regardgess of their religion or lack of it. It is a simple affirmation of life, a reminder that every moment is truly a gift and a miracle.

It is beautifully illustrated, drawings are pretty conventional but I consider it an advantage, being in accord with the message.

I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to introduce their child to meditation, or even start themselves.
on 5 March 2011
If you would like to teach young children the positive skill of mindfulness meditation.....this is just the book.
It is beautifully written, and charmingly illustrated. It has all the genre of a book for very young children.....the language has rythmn...and there are very few words on each page.
The magic is...it starts with the joy of following the breath, then quickly goes on to harnessing the imagination......'feel you are strong like a mountain'......then finally, the book ends with gratitude for the relationships that Young Children would have....family, siblings....teachers in school.
A gem.

And if you like this book, you will also love Tenzin's DeerTenzin's Deer
on 14 August 2009
I have a child who gets easily anxious, as I have in the past and I have learned that understanding about mindful breathing is a real skill for life. This book is an excellent way to translate this. It has peacefull pictures and wonderful words. I read it to my daughter this afternoon and we almost fell asleep!!!

100% happy with this choice. It has encouraged me to look for more. Would work really well accompanied with a meditation tape playing in the background.
on 3 February 2013
a simple yet profound guided meditation for small children with beautiful illustrations. It helps calm my class of 5-6 years olds and teaches them how to focus.
Great!
on 30 January 2015
Very simple a pleasant read. It teaches about breath work for yoga and just being in the moment. Mindfulness for kids.
on 27 May 2016
Beautiful book. Thanks for quick delivery.