5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful for therapists
This slim and accessible book is aimed at therapists and counsellors wanting to know more about the range of different treatment approaches to working with people with BPD.
The style is easy to read (perhaps a little basic), maybe especially useful for therapy students and those recently qualified.
It's not really a self-help book, but has a lot of...
Published on 6 Dec. 2005 by Mr D Davies

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't that impressed.
I found this book too clinical, and didn't really give me the information that I was after, although I'm sure it may be helpful to some people.
Published on 5 Aug. 2006 by Ms. R. E. Tedstone

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful for therapists, 6 Dec. 2005
This review is from: Borderline Personality Disorder (Paperback)
It's not really a self-help book, but has a lot of comparative information about different therapeutic modalities

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked this book. Found it very useful and informative., 28 Mar. 1999
By A Customer
The book is very clear and to-the-point. It provides very important information without going too much into useless details (like silly dramatic stories of very extreme cases I read in many other books that do not apply to me) Each chapter has a very clear, consise summaryand repeats definitions used in the text. What I found most useful is that the author provides comparison of different therapies available to-date based on scientific research, not her opinion allowing me to make my own choice. Having read this book, I know that my next step should be looking for DBT therapy with emphasis on cognitive schema-based approach. I also, found out that I should avoid not-so-helpful supportive therapy used with other disorders. The only drawback of this book, is that the author did not provide information of how to access appropriate therapies.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't that impressed., 5 Aug. 2006
Ms. R. E. Tedstone "swirl21uk" (West Midlands, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Borderline Personality Disorder (Paperback)

Borderline Personality Disorder
Borderline Personality Disorder by Melanie A. Dean (Paperback - 31 Dec. 2001)
Used & New from: £0.75