on 14 May 2012
This book was first written in Chinese with the title "Chinese Giant Panda"but is now issued in the UK by The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland to promote cthe arrival of 2 pandas at Edinburgh zoo.
There is everything you will ever want to know about pandas in this book.There are 3 sections a)history b)life style and c)conservation and the future.
The pictures are first class but it is a pity some are spread over one and a half or two pages.
There is a good map plus notes on resources,organisations and further reading.
on 11 June 2013
I chose this as I hope to visit the giant pandas in Edinburgh and wanted to learn more about them, and was pleasantly surprised to learn that the forward in this book was actually written by Iain Valentine the head keeper with the pandas at Edinburgh Zoo, so it was in fact written with Yang Guang and Tian Tian in mind. It is beautifully presented, with amazing photographs and very interesting information. Highly recommended for giant panda lovers.
on 5 January 2012
I Bought this book for my Panda addicted aunt, The Book is absolutely filled with gorgeous photos I will probably get myself my own copy as a wildlife lover and keen amateur photographer.
The book is great to uplift moods in this rather depressing climate and highly recommmended for those that love stunning images plenty of awww's and ahhh's .
Not actually read it myself just leafed through the pages and gushed at the images.
on 24 October 2013
We love pandas and this book contains beautiful pictures and lots of interesting information. If you love pandas, buy this book (but probably in Hardback so you can enjoy it more than the Kindle version)!
on 16 April 2012
Lovely book. Full of awesome pictures and interesting information on the Panda. I love Edinburgh Zoo and go annually at least. Therefore knowing some proceeds go to their society makes the purchase that bit sweeter.
on 19 January 2013
I have a real soft spot for the Giant Panda and when I saw this book was available on kindle I just had to have it. It's a great introduction to the story of the giant Panda and has some really nice photography.
on 16 February 2012
Superb, photography to die for, a very clever size book and not too heavy. Bought for a friend and she adores it, so much information it is a psck up and put down book, SUPER!!!!
on 13 January 2012
I bought on pre order, it arrived promptly after its release and was cheaper than when ordered.So I was very pleased.
looked a very nice book with lots of pictures, other than that can't say as it was given as a gift at christmas.