5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful book from Ozark Mountain Publishing Inc
This really is an excellent book. It answers so many questions. Like: who were the Essenes? Where did they live, and when? What did they believe? Where did these ideas come from? And what happened to them after the crucifixion?

Published on 26 Nov 2007 by Bob Lock

2.0 out of 5 stars Past life regressions
It is not clear from the information available about this book that it is solely and utterly based on the past life regressions of seven people. I was under the impression that this was going to be at least in part a history of the Essenes taken from ancient scripts and texts. I am sure a lot of people will be interested in past life regressions as a subject which is fine...
Published on 12 Oct 2010 by A. Rofe

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful book from Ozark Mountain Publishing Inc, 26 Nov 2007
Bob Lock (NE London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essenes: Children of the Light (Paperback)

There is much that we will never know... but this book gives a useful insight into the life and times of this most important community... and why they had to be so secretive.

Some (like me) may find the contents strangely familiar. It is as if we have known all along... a memory buried deep inside. Perhaps we were there also... in a previous life; I don't know.

But it might explain why I was not surprised to find Mary (the mother of Jesus), her brother Joseph of Arimathea, her husband Joseph, their son James... and Mary Magdalene... at the very centre of things.

It might also explain why I was never completely comfortable with the "traditional" teachings of Christianity. Somehow, the simple "message" got corrupted over the years... (probably) in the name of politics, power, and religious dogma... and just look at the mess that we have got ourselves into as a result!

If only we had followed the "original" teachings of Jesus, the Essene Way.

But all is not lost... there are encouraging signs that the Truth is finally getting out to the people... and that we are at last recognising the need to return to a sense of "oneness" with God, the World and all of Creation.

Hopefully, it is not too late...

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning work - buy it!, 4 Oct 2005
This review is from: Essenes: Children of the Light (Paperback)
This book is excellent. No question. It provides the reader with an in depth view of what it was like living at the time of Jesus, with the community of which he was part - the Essenes. It gives us huge amounts of new information about the Essenes, who were, in effect, Jesus's support group. It also gives us new information about Joseph of Arimathea, the uncle of Jesus, whose business dealings and contacts allowed him to do so much to protect Jesus and those around him. In addition, there are many fresh and sweeet spiritual insights. And if all that is not enough, it's very well-written and easy to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and the Truth, 30 May 2010
Ms. Ac Rouse "Angel" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essenes: Children of the Light (Paperback)
I am currently reading this book i am near to the end,i don't want to put it down!!there is some information within this book that i have never come across before but sounds so true and makes a lot of sense.This book is well worth reading and it is so beautiful the Love and Truth that you ultimately have after reading each chapter!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Balanced community.., 29 April 2013
Ms. K. Kevan (Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essenes: Children of the Light (Paperback)
Well, theirs was a beautiful way of life. I think we could still live like that but not necessarily in tunics, sandals and no make-up! These people were taught a way of life by an advanced society. Should we ever choose to mirror it I feel we should be equally progressive and not hold ourselves back by denouncing modern technologies which seems to happen when people start recreating some alternative lifestyle from the past. But this book is a joy in that it opens the door to the world as Jesus knew it. Stuart Wilson has stumbled upon people who `were there` and it`s never an accident. I for one, am delighted and grateful that he did. The teachings of Christ have been re- interpreted by scribes over the centuries so it`s refreshing to read how things really were. I know Jesus would not want us to look back and try to create any more scripture from these channeled books. I feel this infornmation is more a frame work for us. We can then use it to spring- board into the future with a clearer understanding of what he was trying to achieve. The wisdom of his teaching is timeless. This book brings a lovely energy (they all do) I hoovered it up, I hope you do too! xx

5.0 out of 5 stars New Revelations, 24 Aug 2011
This review is from: Essenes: Children of the Light (Paperback)
If you are interested in the life of Jesus you must read this book. The story is told from past life regressions of souls who were contempories of Jesus. A fascinating insight into the spiritual powers of the Essenes who inherited their knowledge from descendants of the people of Atlantis.

It is timely evidence in the beginning of the Aquarian age and follows on from the work of Dolores Cannon 'Jesus and The Essenes'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 11 May 2013
An amazing book, did not want to put it down, I was very disappointed when it ended, Highly interesting and knowledgable

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating!, 23 Mar 2013
A fascinating enlightening journey back in time, that I absolutely loved reading! Thank you Joanna and Stuart!
If you haven't read " Power of the magdalene" go get it and read that too. I am just coming to the end of it and it is even more amazing! There is just so much I wanted and needed to know in these two books!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating insight into the essenes, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: Essenes: Children of the Light (Paperback)
Theories about the essene religion using peoples witness under hypnosis. Very plausible events surrounding the life of Jesus and travels of Joseph of Arimethea.

4.0 out of 5 stars Food for thought, 1 July 2014
E. Biernath "Book worm" (LEAMINGTON SPA, Warks, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essenes: Children of the Light (Paperback)
Bought this for a friend, they are well pleased with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book., 7 May 2014
This review is from: Essenes: Children of the Light (Paperback)
Read this and make sense of Christianity. A wonderful book that has made me buy the others in the series.

Essenes: Children of the Light
Essenes: Children of the Light by Joanna Prentis (Paperback - 3 Feb 2005)
9.79