5.0 out of 5 stars The Poker Geeks' Bible
I can sympathise with readers who had a hard time with this book. When this book came out I was in my first year of a maths-based undergraduate degree, but even I found the maths so hard going that I had to put the book to one side until I had started my second year. However, if you are a serious poker player you really should persevere, as this book's message has totally...
Published on 12 Mar 2011 by DigiTAL

3.0 out of 5 stars A math book!
This book concern EXACTLY what displayed on the cover: the mathematic of poker. The theory of probability ang the games theory are explained in detail.
But it's an hard read. I had some difficulty and I took back my school book of math for a rapid repeat!
This opera is undoubtely of some interest for the poker player who wants to understand the math behind the...
Published on 5 Dec 2008 by Shingen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Decieving, 30 Nov 2009
Mr. Aidan Keyes "AidanKeyes" (Ardrossan, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mathematics of Poker (Paperback)
Ok, I like to believe that I am a gradually improving poker player. To up my game I decided on experimenting with the mathematics of poker. I know people have left reviews saying that the maths is challenging and difficult in this book and its not for the weak of heart. I believed in my own hype seen as I have semi decent maths skills and marks from school but believe me when I say this people, the maths in this book is RIDICULOUSLY DIFFICULT. Theres way, way too much of it for a start and I struggled with basically it all lol (no snidey comments about it please lol.) So unless you have like a degree in maths people, I can only advise against this book. It will honestly get you no where without a very good skill in maths. Aidan.

3.0 out of 5 stars Finish your PhD first..., 9 July 2009
This review is from: The Mathematics of Poker (Paperback)
I'm sure this book is full of fantastic poker playing advice, problem is, it makes "A Brief History of Time" look like "The Hungry Catarpillar". If you ever solved a Rubik cube in under 20 seconds, you probably know all this already, but just in case you don't, and you find it hard to accept poker is just a game of chance, then maybe this is the book for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Straight Up, 20 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Mathematics of Poker (Paperback)
This book was straight up with theory and facts. Easy to read and understand. Solid read for for anyone taking poker seriously.

1.0 out of 5 stars pass on this, 8 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Mathematics of Poker (Paperback)
if your not einstiens son id give this book a miss. all the high schooll algebra equivelent stuff is a lie. way too advanced. dont get me wrong tho if you hold a PhD in math im sure you willl dominate the poker world after reading this book

1.0 out of 5 stars Pointless, 29 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Mathematics of Poker (Paperback)
In today's game of poker, this is pretty much all irrelevant.

You can get pot/implied/reverse implied and hand odds from any website for free.

It can only be useful information contained within, but it's needlessly in-depth and is not needed to win at all.

Too long winded, too much information, too hard to get your head round unless you like working out equations that you'd never do at the table anyway.

1.0 out of 5 stars Turgid and complex, 24 July 2009
M. Sear (Milton Keynes UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mathematics of Poker (Paperback)
DO NOT bu=y this book unless you are a high quality mathematician who does not fall asleep too easily. Sadly I am an OK mathematician but I bore easily, and my God this book managed to do that in minutes.

Is it a good book?

Well I give it 1 star - for the cover. The rest of it was so dull I gave up at page 20. Bored.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money let alone the time to read it, 12 Dec 2009
P. B. Burton "Adendum" (London, Granada, Vegas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mathematics of Poker (Paperback)
I'm sure they are nice guys but they are not poker players!

These two could write a book on the mathematics of anything - and probably have. The mathematics of gardening is probably one of their best sellers! If you are into algebra, logarithms and other cerebral math equations then this is the book for you. If you want to learn something about the mathematics of poker you need something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not useful enough, 14 April 2010
This review is from: The Mathematics of Poker (Paperback)
To mathematical, should be more practical and also have some basic mathematical facts for people who do not play as a pro. If the difference in winning is 1 % more after 100 000 games choosing one way, it is not so interesting for us who plays little and never will acheive such numbers. Some useful tips and knowledge, but in a single game it is so many other factors than the mathematical that you must read from the other players that this is a book where useful of it could have been cut down to 10 pages.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Mathematics of Poker
The Mathematics of Poker by Jerrod Ankenman (Paperback - 4 Jun 2009)
16.48