5.0 out of 5 stars A good book for limit hold'em beginners
First off, I have a confession to make, I'm only pulling my finger out to write this review because I'm putting a copy of this book up for sale. Still, I'll try to make it as helpful and unbiased as I can.

Published on 11 Aug 2006 by K. M. MacLean

3.0 out of 5 stars An O.K. book on hold 'em
if you own the book Poker for Dummies, forget this book. All the important bits appear in the chapter on Hold 'em poker word for word. Not a great suprise when you consider that they were written by the same author but still very irritating if you own the dummies book (which i do).
Published on 7 Mar 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars An O.K. book on hold 'em, 7 Mar 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Hold'em Excellence (2nd Edition) (Paperback)
this book is actually not too bad its just very 'wordy'. There is alot of good information contained here, but not many examples of actual play compared to other books. The information within the chapters would have been better presented with more sub-headings to help with understanding.
I did find some of the book, particularly the later chapters to be a little like an American self-help seminar. I thought at one point the book would suggest chanting 'i am going to win' but luckily the breaks came on in time.
This book is actually not too bad although put simply; There are just better books around.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book for limit hold'em beginners, 11 Aug 2006
K. M. MacLean (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hold'em Excellence (2nd Edition) (Paperback)

This is a great book for beginners. It covers the fundamentals of low-limit poker well, with solid sections on hand-selection and play at each stage of the game. The book sticks to its mantra of selective aggression and introduces beginners to some of the fundamental concepts of poker, most importantly the idea that each individual player is responsible for their game. Krieger's style is easy-to-read (he co-authored Poker for Dummies) and he explains himself clearly.

I can not recommend this book highly enough, for beginners to limit hold'em. The reason I am selling it is because I have moved on and am short of storage space (I'm keeping the follow-up to this book).

Hold'em Excellence (2nd Edition)
Hold'em Excellence (2nd Edition) by Lou Krieger (Paperback - 4 Jun 2009)
Used & New from: 0.01