on 23 May 2001 soon as I opened the pack and looked at the cards I just knew what each one stood for. I fell in love with them immediately. There isnt a card I dont like. I had toyed with the idea of buying the accompanying book but feel it would detract from the interpretations that come from the pictures alone. The artist has also included some clue words to the meaning in the pictures should you become stuck at all. I think they are wonderful cards for reading using your intuition. I think a beginner may be able to cope with them if they can use their imagination to interpret the cards. I have myself only been reading tarot for about 1-2month. The only thing I have against the cards is that they are so.o.o... big. I have to shuffle them on the end because my hands are too small to hold them but they are well worth the inconvenience of this.
on 4 January 2001
this is one of the most beautiful and delightful decks i have ever come across. i have worked my way thru many and teach the Tarot thru my school, the Scottish School of Tarot. This has just got to be the most relevent to life in the 21st century. The graphics are amazing and the symbolism loose enough to allow many meaning to drift thru the cards. i am simply in love with them. I also feel that the client can see that the reading is very honest due to the straight forward way the cards answer a question. there is no way of 'hiding' a negative answer as the cards really do say what they mean. I am actually going to have to purchase a new Rohrig deck as mine are simply wearing out thru constant use. Set your mind free and explore 78 cards which really do reflect real life!!!!
on 23 May 1998
This is without question a beautiful book. The illustrations alone are worth the cover price (if your a fan of the style ... as I am). In addition, his wife Carol, has written the commentary on the cards. She offers a comtemporary commentary on this ancient means of divination and prophecy bringing it cleanly into the present. While the text is updated the references used include symbolism associated with more traditional decks such as the Waite. Rohrig has interpeted the tarot according to both the traditional symbols found in older decks and his own more contemporary mystical insights. I personally enjoy using this deck for the illustrations and the symbols contained therein as I tend to a more Jungian approach to tarot and this deck is particularly appropriate to an archetypal reading. I have also found that the comments on the cards and the interpertations Carol Rohrig offers to be useful and illuminating additions to my usage of the tarot. As an additional or only tarot deck for those of you who would like a more contemporary approach I recommend this deck without reservation.
on 16 May 1999
This tarot provides a good tool for daily mediative readings. I have used it most effectively in giving readings to others, for the visual imagery is stunning, the addition of runes in the major arcana symbolism is exquisite, and the use of modern day symbols helps those I'm giving a reading understand the cards themselves. quite useful, extremely beautiful.
on 26 September 2013
My wife has read lots of Tarot books and when I got her a deck of the Rohrig's she wanted the book. She insists it is well written and expands more on the traditional tarot decks. A must if you have the deck - if you can find a set.