on 3 June 1997
The Absolut Book satisfies every ad collectors dreams. It neatly puts together many, many ads, from current to never seen before. The pages are full of color and sturdy enough to look through the book without fear of wearing it out. I hope that in ten more years of advertising, there will be The Absolut Book 2 for more enjoyment. absolut good-bye.
on 18 April 1997
Probably there aren't too many people who really want to know the history of an ad campaign, but Lewis counted on the extraordinary popularity of the Absolut ads. As ads, they are truly art. Fascinating to see the ads grouped, to catch up on all the ones you missed.
The only thing that stopped this book from getting a "10" was a screw up in the proofing. Try page 174 or thereabouts for the states spread. The ads are arranged alphabetically by state, but you'll notice that where it should say "South Dakota", it says "North Dakota" again. Whoops! there it is.
on 1 September 1997
Yes!! This is exactly what you're looking for! Are you an Absolut Vodka ad collector? Are you a new business wanting to learn how to market and advertise your product? Are you bored and have nothing to do? This book is the solution to all of those questions! Some of us, like me, collect Absolut Vodka ads which are displayed in this book, others of us Drink the vodka, therefore want to see the ads! This book not only displays the art, it tells about their ideas, and how they marketed the product. A MUST SEE FOR ANYBODY!!!
Visit my Absolut Vodka webpage at:
[...]
on 30 December 1996
This is an excellent book for anyone interested in
photography , advertising and art in general. You get
hundreds of beautifuly printed images for a good price.
After reviewing the book , I also came to a conclusion
that the Absolut ads "forte" was (is) the combination
of photography and clever ideas. The fashion and painted art
ads to me were repetitive and has little impact when compared
to the clever product shots. It was great to see this collection
in a book format though.

lous@mail.idt.net
on 18 February 2002
I've been thinking about buying this book for some years, finally I decided this year and I'm happy I finally did it, it's a good album of the advertisements they did until 1995 or 1996 (I'm not sure about that). The ads have a small explanation of why there are that way and there are a few interesting facts on how they were made. It's incredible how such a simple idea could develop an advertising campaign this huge. I just hope soon will come out the 20th anniversary book, I'll buy it right away...
on 24 October 1997
If you are an Absolut fanatic, like myself, this book is definetly for you. I bought two books so I could cut out each ad, front from one book and back from the other, and cover my walls. This book also tells you where the ads come from and a little more historical stuff like that. My particular favorite is Absolut Billards. So if you are absolutely into Absolut, or wish you were, go out and get this book. It's on the highly recommended list!
on 9 August 1997
The appearance of Absolut advertisement in Wired and Playboy always amazed me. And starting 3 years ago I started collecting the ad page. I never think there will be a book such as this. It just makes my dream comes true. The extra point (to be a ten) needed for this book can be achieve by providing a CD-ROM for all the art collection and have a live update via the internet for the lates ads.
on 3 June 1997
I really like this book! I own the hardback and the paperback. I take the paperback with me everywhere. It is very interesting to look at. I also collect absoluts, which makes the book even more fun to look at. The only thing is that I have about 5 absoluts that the book does not have! Why is that? Well I don't know, I guess that it doesn't really matter!
on 4 February 1998
This is a great book about the formation of possibly the best advestising campaigne in history. I loved taking out the pictures from the book to decorate my room. The content of the text is not at all boring and best of all the book is filled with tons of different sized, colorful pictures that anyone, not only vodka drinkers, can enjoy.
on 4 February 1998