Format: HardcoverChange

In 1966, Mao Tse-Tung published The Little Red Book of his quotations. Sales whiz Jeffrey Gitomer now offers its namesake: the Little Red Book of Selling. Like Mao's book of political orientation, Gitomer recommends that you read his book of sales instruction over and over. And yet, most of its urgings may not need so many repetitions, since they are familiar and not hard to understand: "Work hard!" "Be prepared!" "Kick yourself in the duff" (only, he doesn't say "duff"). Gitomer fans can be assured that this accessible bestseller reinforces his basic productive teachings about assertive selling attitudes and strategic preparedness, though it sometimes feeds a little too much into his star "guru" image. For instance, maybe it wasn't necessary to attribute pop-up quotes to him in his own book. We find that Gitomer couches real scattered gems of sales wisdom in just enough jazzy layouts, snappy aphorisms, savvy and silly suggestions, big-type quotations, startling vulgarisms, humorous asides, quaint cartoons, red headlines, gold bullet points and free-wheeling commands to keep even the most distractible sales student alert.
on 31 July 2013
I love Jeffrey's books and his writing style, straight to the point and common sense. This is a book that anyone in business should study and implement. Life is about selling not just products and services, but ideas, opinions, thoughts and do much more. We should all be students of selling and this is an excellent starting point.
on 2 April 2007
How many sales books have you read in the last year? How many sales books have you read during your career? If you're like most salespeople the answer is more than likely, "Not enough!"

In the Little Red Book of Selling Gitomer seeks to educate and inspire salespeople in a way that gets them thinking for themselves without switching off. This, in my opinion, he achieves, thus making this the best and most powerful of his books to date.

If you are looking for a theoretical tome or a straight "this is how to do it" approach then the Little Red Book may not be for you. This is not "war and peace" nor does it contain anything other shattering! If on the other hand you are looking for a down-and-dirty, in the trenches book that can make a difference to your sales with easy to implement tips and strategies then this is it.

The book is in bitesize chunks and can be dipped into or read from cover to cover. In it Gitomer covers the whole sales process and a lot of sales attitude from how to kick your own ass to using creativity in the sales process. The beauty of this format is that you can take what you want and leave the rest.

The book is beautifully put together, is small so it can go in a briefcase and has a lovely tactile, red cover which makes it nice to hold and to read. Despite it's simplicity, he explains techniques such as the Power Questions clearly and effectively in a manner which can be adapted to your particular sale. He even gives a few examples.

As a sales author and speaker, I picked this book up in New York because of it's looks not expecting much from the content. Although the content is basic to mid-level it is well written and accessible and I have recommended this book to many of my clients.
on 18 March 2010
This is a book packed with humorous insights into the world of selling. It makes you laugh while you learn and there aren`t many sales books that do that! Chapter 8 is titled if you can make `em laugh you can make `em buy - well, Gitomer will certainly make you laugh and that`s as good a reason as any to buy this.
on 4 October 2011
It is a very-very unorthodox set of CDs. If you tiered of standard and boring style of the majority of the books on the subject then I recommend this set of CDs. If you want your ass get kicked in the 'right direction' and hear sharp statements then go no further than this book.

I have listened it 3 times and need to do it again just to get me into the firing state. It is very practical & compressed. The material is given in a controversial format and gets you. I must admit initially I was even offended however I swallowed the pride, carried on and got out of it as much as I could and by that I mean a lot. Packed with new ideas.

Strongly recommend.
on 26 May 2014
Pretty all encompassing.

In the style if Gitomer, I spent a little, and it paid back BIG.

My skill set has increased, and it's full of great ideas. Not JUST about business either, some of these ideas you can take and apply to everyday life.

In my words, it's a good book. If you use it properly I have little doubt it'll pay for itself. If your in business, just buy it and read it, with an open mind of course.
on 14 September 2014
Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles fo sales, I've read it once and there's some good stuff in here but it's not about get rich quick, so reading onve won't put mnoey in the bank but if you follow some of the ideas it will provide a really good track to sales success. I've had 25 years in sales and really value this book
on 6 February 2015
Possibly the worst sales book ever. The insights are so dated. This book epitomises why so many people hate salespeople. There are a number of better sales books than this.
on 2 February 2016
Our work around this amazing strategy has a primary focus on why people buy and it get a huge thumbs up from me and my sales team - get this book and get results
on 5 December 2010
The title says it all!
I bought it a couple of years ago and it really helped me change my focus and attitude!

Nowadays I buy it for friends as a gift!