5.0 out of 5 stars Ayurvedic Cooking for Self Healing

3.0 out of 5 stars helping
Published 6 months ago by MRS FIN

5.0 out of 5 stars Ayurvedic Cooking for Self Healing, 9 Oct 2010
This review is from: Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-Healing (Paperback)
This is an excellent book for anyone wishing to set up a traditional Ayurvedic kitchen. At the beginning of the book there is a shopping list of everything you need to get started which is inexpensive and saves so much time. The recipes are delicious, quick to prepare and each clearly indicates the effect they have on the doshas. At the back of the book, there is lots of useful information including lists of foods by dosha and their therapeutic effects which really helps the reader to learn Ayurveda quickly and simply. There are even meal plans for each dosha at various times of the year - what a brilliant teacher Dr Lad is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cookbook, 27 Jan 2011
Natasja (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-Healing (Paperback)
It's simple, easy to follow and completely compatible with western food and products. It comes with a complete guide with all foods and their qualities, enabling you to understand what's good for your constitution. It's an excellent cookbook for vegetarians as well!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ayurvedic Cooking for Self Healing, 12 April 2009
This review is from: Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-Healing (Paperback)
This is another great book by the fantastic and internationally respected Ayurvedic physician Dr Vasant Lad and his wife. An inspirational teacher and speaker, Dr Lad has done tremendous work in promoting a positive understanding of human health and wellbeing.
As a practising Ayurvedic Therapist I often recommend Dr Lad's books including this one to my clients who love Indian food. It has some delicious traditional recipes and a quick food reference guide at the back.
For the Western palate and diet I would recommend other books with recipes that reflect their seasonal cuisine and culture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Dec 2012
This review is from: Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-Healing (Paperback)
If you want lots of recipes and a good understanding of how to eat according to the principles of Ayurveda then I highly recommend this book to you. If you want a glossy cookbook then this is possibly not for you. I am very pleased with this book. The ingredients are easy to come by and the recipes are very tasty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 6 Sep 2011
This review is from: Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-Healing (Paperback)
Great book. I use it almost every day, although I would love more recipes and more variety. I hope Vasant Lad and his wife come up with another one. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Ayurvedic, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-Healing (Paperback)
This is a very interesting and useful book that turns a lot of the current 'healthy' eating trends on their heads

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Book, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-Healing (Paperback)
The book is full of lovely recipes and information for self help in health concerns, I bought it for the kitcharis recipes, very nice.

3.0 out of 5 stars helping, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-Healing (Paperback)
I felt I had to change my eating habits and a friend has this book. It is a good book. It I am finding it difficult to follow and change my old routines. Still some of the dishes I have managed have been good. As with all these things practise makes perfect. So easy to slip back into old habits. I had been to a Ayurevdic Therapist so I knew I was a Vatta which made it simpler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 2 Jan 2014
Mrs Jean (Fife, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-Healing (Paperback)
If you are interested in Ayurvedic cooking for self healing, this book is well worth the money, I bought a second hand copy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ayurvedic cooking review, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-Healing (Paperback)
I've not had a chance to read the book thoroughly but Usha and Vassant Lad are prominent and eminent on ayurveda, so it should be a very helpful book in following an ayurvedic diet.

Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-Healing
Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-Healing by Vasant Lad (Paperback - 4 April 2006)
12.50