4.0 out of 5 stars A Tarot that focuses on the Goddess, 3 April 2003
Margaret A. Foster (Quakertown, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Triple Goddess Tarot: The Power of the Major Arcana Chakra Healing and the Divine Feminine: Using the Power of the Major Arcana, Chakra Healing and the Divine Feminine (Paperback)
Isha Lerner is a therapist who has integrated astrology, tarot, fairy tales, and flower-essence therapy into her practice. She has two other decks called 'Inner Child Cards - A Fairy-Tale Tarot' and 'Power of Flowers; An Archetypal Journey Through Nature'.
Those of you who are familiar with her 'Inner Child Cards' know her healing technique, of opening the doors of childhood to the adult we have become, is unique and special.
'The Triple Goddess Tarot' presents us with 33 cards illustrated by Mara Friedman and includes a Major Arcana of 22 cards, 4 Alchemy Cards, and 7 Chakra Cards. The deck focuses on the feminine and Goddess spirituality. It approaches from a "What Would the Goddess Do Now" aspect.
The Major Arcana cards may be familiar to tarot users, but this version is Goddess focused and feminine in it's aspects. Correspondences are included in the accompanying book for easy reference and transition. The Fool becomes the Fairy Queen, The Chariot is now the Bird Woman. Ms. Lerner explains each card in its traditional meaning and associates it with its transformation and finally her vision of 'Awakening to the Archetype'. She then applies the card to everyday life and how it can be interpreted when drawn in conjunction to her "What Would the Goddess Do Now" readings.
The graphics are lovely. Mara Freidman's comment in A Note from the Artist: "Color is Healing! May we awaken to the dream of Love, Harmony, and Beauty!" is expressed throughout the deck.
Both of these women have a good grasp of what they wanted to express in these cards and it comes across in both the deck and the book. Ms. Lerner explains very well in her book what she wanted to achieve with this deck and also gives some very good background about where she is coming from in respect to her ideas and designs of this deck.
The actual use of this deck is what really matters. Ms. Lerner has several layouts she suggests for use with these cards, and each of them is easy to understand and work with. The Chakra layout is unique in its idea of associating the cards to the individual's Chakra. I did try several of them myself and found they work well and are easy to read. The cards themselves are easy to interpret and can be mastered by both beginners and experienced readers.
These cards focus on positive affirmations for your journey through life. It is a very feminine approach to spirituality. They are tools that can confirm life experiences on a personal level and provide possible paths in instances where advice is sought. These are the benchmarks of any good tarot deck.

4.0 out of 5 stars A unique set of cards, 9 May 2009
lyndydaisy (Sussex England) - See all my reviews
I own many sets of Angel/spiritual support Cards and have long wanted to buy this set, having worked with Isha Lerner's Inner Child Cards and also used her online readings for the Triple Goddess Cards. I was particularly drawn by the exquisite artwork on the cards and the idea of healing through the divine feminine.

I finally decided I would find the money (expensive as sets of cards go) and received them today. I have, of course, yet to work with them but I thought my initial response might be of use to others considering purchasing these cards. The other review submitted gives detailed information about the structure and purpose of the pack but I would add a couple of thing which I feel may be of use.

Firstly the guidance book is a proper book not a pocket-sized guide. This is a great bonus and it gives a superb background to the Divine Feminine throughout history so I feel all those interested in spiritual development and ascension will be delighted with the book. (Have read a fair bit today).

Secondly the beautiful artwork is a delight to own for myself but I must say I am disappointed by the quality of the card on which they are printed. Probably only a small point but for the price, I really think they should have been printed on card more fitting for their great beauty. Perhaps future prints should take this into consideration.

I still have to work with the pack but feel instinctively that I will not be disappointed. I would rather have spent the extra money to get this particular pack than settled for a cheaper pack without the comprehensive background of the accompanying book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful stuff, 13 Jan 2010
Julia Guthrie (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
I had been drawn to this Tarot deck for at least a year before I bought it, purely by the stunningly beautiful Artwork by Mara Friedman, but when I did purchase a copy..wow!
The artwork itself contains so much information, but combined with the effort that has been put into the accompanying book it is pretty much the only deck I need.
A lot of thought has gone into the creation of this Tarot & it helps if you already have an affinity with 'Goddesses' & the concept of the Divine Feminine as it is very Shamanic in it's descriptions. I personally am very drawn to this aspect so I find it resonates wonderfully with me & always gives me the best answer possible!

Don't use an oracle for yes or no answers or you may be disapointed. If you are interested in finding out how expand & evolve yourself to create the outcomes you want, then this Oracle will be the one you want to ask!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, 27 Feb 2013
The cards are delightful and Mara's designs are superb. I love the chakra cards and the book is easy to use and informative.