5.0 out of 5 stars full of uncommonly good sense, even wisdom
I loved "The Four Agreements" when I read the book over a decade ago, recommending it to everyone I could think of, and I think just as highly of this book. Both these books seem simplistic but Don Miguel has a great knack for taking "keep it short and simple" to the optimum.

Published on 15 Feb. 2011 by D&D

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars full of uncommonly good sense, even wisdom, 15 Feb. 2011
D&D - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

I didn't mind that the first part of this book was a review of the earlier "The Four Agreements" as life had got in my way (as usual) and I had managed to lose sight of his earlier book and its insightful advice. The first four agreements are: "Be Impeccable with Your Word, Don't Take Anything Personally, Don't Make Assumptions, and Always Do Your Best." As I was reading about the First Agreement, I was feeling rather smug, as I am repeatedly told by others how honest and "impeccable" they find me. Then I got to where the book points out that we have to treat ourselves impeccably too! Oops, not so superior after all...

The new Fifth Agreement is an incredible follow up to the first Four Agreements. The Fifth Agreement is: "Be Skeptical but Learn to Listen." This can be done in a positive way and encourages us to doubt and question everything, even within ourselves. (Did you know that the word "belief" means "I wish this to be true"?) By separating the facts from the numerous illusions of this world that bind us, we can begin to perceive reality and unravel our bonds.

All five Agreements are wise lessons on living life well. They seem simple and basic, but are actually deep insights that offer a great potential of freedom if taken seriously; they can make life feel easier and happier for those putting them into practice. This is a great book, a book to read, and reread.

5.0 out of 5 stars this book is truly inspirational, 7 Nov. 2013
The 5th agreement connected with me so deeply and help me realise a lot. Different from the mainstream books yet learnt so much from this book. Personally this is the book I've been looking for. I highly recommend reading this book along with The 4 agreements, The mastery of love and a book by Don Miguel Ruiz junior called 'The 5 levels of Attachments'. Good luck on your spiritual/ self-development journeys wherever that may lead.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Fifth Agreement, 12 Jan. 2012
J. Nicholson "juannic" (Isle of Wight) - See all my reviews
A master of the word, Don Miguel Ruiz brings the most profound principles into warm and simple language. The difficulty then, is not in understanding them, but in putting them into daily practice; made somewhat easier by the simplicity of his language that imprints on the mind in a poetically rhythmic form.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!, 25 April 2010
Peacemagic (Bournemouth, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Great follow up to Miguels other books. This could be read as a stand alone book, but I feel you'd get a lot more out of it if you read at least the 4 Agreements first, preferably all of them, because in this book he takes you even deeper and pulls no punches!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Fifth Agreement Practical Guide to Self-Mastery, 2 Mar. 2013
The Boss (Warrington Cheshire) - See all my reviews
This is a really great read for people who have low self confidence and who feel that everything is their fault. This is the second book that I have read and it has changed my life, my confidence and ability to believe in myself is so much better. It makes you understand more about yourself and how your life and the way you think was moulded in your early years. Read the Four Agreements first and then this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing stuff. I will reread this, perhaps many times., 21 Nov. 2013
This book is simple but it is not easy. Doing what it says is the project of a lifetime and I think will yield the rewards of a lifetime. It shows a road to achieving peace with yourself and that is sorely lacking in this world. Buy it. Read it. Read it again. I will.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Fifth Agreement, 19 Jun. 2013
Mrs. D. A. Naven (Kent UK) - See all my reviews
Kindle Books are always delivered at lightening speed and their cost is very reasonable. I have not been able to put this book down, it has truly resonated with my Spirit and speaks of the very simple truth about people's different perspective's, the truth and what distorts the truth. A really good philosophy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this!, 7 July 2013
Has made such a difference to my life reading this book. I wish everyone could read this. Makes life more clearer and brings such inner joy and peace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspiring...!!, 24 May 2015
This review is from: The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery (Toltec Wisdom) (Paperback)
I ordered this book along with the Four Agreements for my teenage daughter, (after hvg read them myself) because she has low confidence.

She found them both refreshing, inspiring and uplifting.

It helps that the nooks are is basic and simple as it has enabled her to learn more about herself and see life/people in a different light.

She has learnt the five agreements and tries to put them into practice everyday.

Great book

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading., 5 Jan. 2015
A really useful book; consolidating much of what was in the four agreements, arguably more useful as a result (it consolidates content from the four agreements before continuing). Worth reading to stimulate reflection/personal improvement.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery (Toltec Wisdom)