4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous interactive picture book
Published on 31 July 2010 by A. OBRIEN

3.0 out of 5 stars Has only been read a couple of times
Each double-spread has the same 24 animals on it. In about half the pages, the background colour of the page is changed so that a subset of the animals is hiding. On the other pages, there's a question like 'who is crying?', 'who has horns?', 'who is angry?', 'who is backwards?'.

Published 5 months ago by Juliette

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous interactive picture book, 31 July 2010
A. OBRIEN (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who's Hiding? (Paperback)
My 2.5 year-old daughter, who often takes a while to warm to new books, LOVED this at first sight. One or more of the animals is 'blanked out' on every alternate page, so the child has to figure out who is missing. The pages in between ask different questions: "who's backwards?", "who's angry?", etc. It works on different levels - it can help a child to recognise different animals; improves memory (sometimes I can see my daughter trying to remember which animal is hiding from the last time we looked at the book together); and helps children to recognise and understand different feelings - one page asks "who's crying?".

The only reason I haven't given this 5 stars is the slightly confusing use of colour - the pig is blue, and the orange and black zebra looks alarmingly like a tiger! This certainly hasn't hampered our family's enjoyment of the book though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who's Hiding?, 14 Aug 2010
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Who's Hiding? (Paperback)
What a wonderful book? It has a very simple idea behind it - a page full of animals on every page and a simple question - "Who's Hiding?" or "Who's Backwards?", allowing participation by the toddler and the learning of simple instructions. My daughter adored it. As the book progresses it gets slightly harder, with more animals hiding (so you can see only the eyes and outline of the animal). This helps memory, as the toddler has to remember which animal that was and where it was on the page. I think it is a brilliant idea and would be ideal for children who have language difficulties, as are any books that allow participation by the reader. It is great fun for all toddlers and a great book they can look at by themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Who's Hiding? (Paperback)
This is an amazing book and can be adapted for all ages.The pictures are great and my two kids who are now 5 and 3 love it as much as they did when we bought it. My older child uses it like a quiz book, we can also talk about the emotions of the animals. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars can you find it?, 20 Aug 2010
This review is from: Who's Hiding? (Paperback)
Brilliant for any age kids up to about 100!!!! My children love it both at home and at school. We all race to find the missing/ hidden/ smiling/ crying one and love the fact that no matter how many times you read this book it is still great. Even bought it for my niece
Love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning fun, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Who's Hiding? (Paperback)
Brought for a bright two and a half year old who rapidly became attached to this edition. It is a well produced book with much to casually chat about whilst the youngster involved increases his or her vocabulary and recognition skills in a fun way.

3.0 out of 5 stars Has only been read a couple of times, 10 Mar 2014
Juliette (Bedfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who's Hiding? (Paperback)

It's a nice book in that it is interactive - but didn't quite engage the interest of my just-turned three year old enough for him to want to read it a couple of times although he enjoyed it the times that we did (luckily we got it out as a library book rather than bought it). He was also very bothered by the fact that zebra was orange with black stripes rather than white with black stripes. I think that some of the questions are just a bit on the tough side for that age group (e.g. the pictures are fairly stylised so it's not that clear which animals have horns, likewise, it's quite hard for a child that age to figure out which animal looks angry) while the basic 'who is hiding?' questions are too easy. And of course, they quickly learn the right answers. I imagine that mileage might depend on the child in question however!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Who's Hiding? (Paperback)
My 3 year old son loves this book. Ideal for memory recall, looking at emotions and stimulating discussion, encourages little ones to talk. I have great fun with this book as it's not just reading but interacting with your child, my much older daughter comes in too when she hears us completing this book due to the fun we're having! My son especially loves imitading 'angry bear face' and it's astonishing how much he remembers. I now purchase for all my little nieces and nephews and parents all comment on it. A real find. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 26 Oct 2013
This review is from: Who's Hiding? (Paperback)
My daughter loves this book. She is so clever how she memorises where the animals are and who's doing something different to the rest. Clever book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous little book, 17 Jan 2013
Helen Morris (Worcester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who's Hiding? (Hardcover)
This is actually the second copy i've bought (for someone else) because my son has had this book since he was 2 and still regularly asks for it now he's almost 5. It's so simple yet so effective and i've yet to meet a young child that doesn't adore it on sight. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little different., 17 Nov 2012
P. M. Hussain - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who's Hiding? (Paperback)
Great book especially for testing memory and recall. Very simple concept but very effective. My son who is 3 is mad about animals so perfect.

Who's Hiding?
Who's Hiding? by Satoru Onishi (Paperback - 1 Jun 2010)
4.79