5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand
Mr Pratt has managed to make a rather dry subject into an enjoyable read. The book is littered with examples including text and pictures from comlete flights to show the theory.

I have his other books in the series and they are all of the same quality.
Published on 8 Nov 2008 by M. Bradshaw

1.0 out of 5 stars Get the Oxford PPL book instead
Prior to Oxford PPL books I tried both the Thom and Pratt books which I found to be very tedious and hard going. I was very pleasantly surprised by the Oxford PPL books. In my opinion they are much better textbooks.

Compared to Thom and Pratt I found that in the Oxford books:

* Concepts are explained well using suitable amounts of material...
Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand, 8 Nov 2008
M. Bradshaw "MarkB" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Private Pilots License Course: v. 3: Navigation & Meteorology (Paperback)

I have his other books in the series and they are all of the same quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Get the Oxford PPL book instead, 12 Jan 2013

Compared to Thom and Pratt I found that in the Oxford books:

* Concepts are explained well using suitable amounts of material. Explanations are not overly summarised or rushed and they are well paced. The text is well-written and the diagrams are clear.
* Presentation is well structured. Information that is presented later builds upon and reinforces information that was presented earlier.

The Oxford books have more material than Pratt or Thom but I actually found them to be much easier and interesting reading than either of the other two.

Here is a link to the Oxford PPL Meteorology text: Meteorology for PPL and Beyond: Meteorology v. 4: Weather Theory, Met Reports, Met Forecasts (Skills for Flight)

The Private Pilots License Course: v. 3: Navigation & Meteorology
The Private Pilots License Course: v. 3: Navigation & Meteorology by Jeremy M. Pratt (Paperback - 31 Aug 2003)
21.95